Pietenpol Project

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Rob

Pietenpol Project

Post by Rob »

Guess I'll make the first post on progress of my project.

Model A engine ready to go. Diamond block, Scat counterweight crank, Insert bearings, Scat rods, custom made Ross Pistons, Model B cam, bigger valves, pressurized oil system, Dan Price dual plug head drilled for aviation plugs, dual Slick mags, new model B carb., Ken Perkins water pump & exhaust. Was on Dyno making 65hp at 2000 rpm. Could not find a Forrest Lovley radiator, Forrest was nice enough to help me with patterns and I built my own radiator.

Steel tube fuselage per glider manual plans, everything pretty close to plans as possible. Wings finished and ready to cover. Everything is spruce and mahogany. Everything gas welded. Cables wrapped and soldered, hard wire tail brace wires.

I haven't had time to update website but if interested you can see pictures on my website www.stoinoff.com

Rob Stoinoff
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 5541 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 5541 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 5541 times
Rob Stoinoff
Owner Stoinoff's Restorations
Batesville, Indiana
www.stoinoff.com
Clay Hammond

Re: Pietenpol Project

Post by Clay Hammond »

Looks great Rob. Bulbous tires do so much for the "look". Sets it up nice.

I've watched that MNF project on your web page for a long time. Is it parked for now or are you still working on it. Would be a neat one to see fly!

Visit Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome
www.oldrhinebeck.org
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Clay, my father is working on the MNF. Everything is covered minus the fuselage. Hopefully it will fly in the next few years. Will try to find time to update website with current pictures soon. Check back...
Rob Stoinoff
Batesville, Indiana
www.stoinoff.com
douwe blumberg

Post by douwe blumberg »

looks awesome Rob! good to see the progress!!

Douwe
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Douwe, yours looks good on the Lee Bottom calendar! Have it hanging in my office. :D
Rob Stoinoff
Batesville, Indiana
www.stoinoff.com