A little bigger piet

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Pietenpol dreamer

A little bigger piet

Post by Pietenpol dreamer »

I thought i read somewhere that plans had been made to make a pietenpol that was 1 percent bigger. Does anyone know where i can find those. Im 6', 215 and 23 inchs wide at the shoulders. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I would like to add a drop down door to the front seat. Does anyone have plans on that? I worry about cutting one of the main longerons in the fuselage.
at7000ft

Re: A little bigger piet

Post by at7000ft »

1% won't buy you much, never heard of that. I widened my fuselage 2 inches without too much extra effort. The best way to go in any case is to build a mock fuselage out of scrap wood (usually just firewall to the rear seat). Can play with the seat angles, instrument panel height, etc. to what fits you best).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Y1jV ... sp=sharing

RH
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

onyoursix

Post by onyoursix »

Pietenpol dreamer wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:42 pm I thought i read somewhere that plans had been made to make a pietenpol that was 1 percent bigger. Does anyone know where i can find those. Im 6', 215 and 23 inchs wide at the shoulders. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I would like to add a drop down door to the front seat. Does anyone have plans on that? I worry about cutting one of the main longerons in the fuselage.
Kari-Ann Price sells her dad's drop down doors and other mods.
https://sites.google.com/site/pietenpol ... n-packages
Pietenpol dreamer

Post by Pietenpol dreamer »

Thank you for the replies and the help!