Looking for Pietenpol Information

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Looking for Pietenpol Information

Post by Pat Weeden »

Received the following message at BPA headquarters today and received permission to post it here.
My name is Arthur Harrington I live in Fremont Ca. I'm a retired union carpenter. Two months ago I found a Pietenpol for sale on trade-a-plane.com It said do not call this ad unless this plane is for you so I researched it for a month on the internet and then I made the call to New Jersey.

When I called New Jersey because I was sure I wanted the plane it had been sold it was a two year old plane, and Air camper with a 110 hp Corvair engine. From the research that I have done it is my belief that this is a great combination. I have been on the internet since then trying to find everything connected to a Pietenpol Aircamper with a Corvair engine.

I have never seen a Pietenpol in person. I'm unable to locate any contacts as of yet in California. I am going to a EAA meeting tonight in San Jose EAA Chapter 338. They like fast airplanes. I like low and slow. There is a web site called "West Coast Piet". I enjoy the videos on that site. I would like to sell my home and relocate to an area like that. I would like to live and fly in an area like that. For medical reasons I must stay in California because my medical provider is Kaiser Permanente and I have not been able to find medical coverage and service that is comprable with my carpenters union medical pension.

I believe that I do not need to purchase and maintain a Stearman to achieve the ride that I am looking for. And if I truly enjoy the Pietenpol Aircamper and still have the need then I will get a Stearman.

I found this Corvair site and signed up because I believe it will be a necessity.
http://www.flycorvair.com

Please can you counsel me and or offer me any information that will help me achieve my goal of owning, flying, buying or building and maintaining a Pietenpol Aircamper, preferably buying a Pietenpol Aircamper. Also any contacts with anyone who respects or appreciates and has any knowledge or a Pietenpol aircraft.

My name is Arthur Harrington
5407 Borgia Rd.
Fremont Ca. 94538
My cell phone number is (510) 731-9426. Please leave a message or you may text me, any information I can acquire from you is of extreme value. I sincerely thank you very much and I will be looking for any response.
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association
taildrags

Re: Looking for Pietenpol Information

Post by taildrags »

This fellow is only 55 miles north of the Mecca of West Coast Piet aviators... Frazier Lake Airpark. I think he's come to the right place.
taildrags

Re: Looking for Pietenpol Information

Post by taildrags »

I have been in touch with Mr. Harrington about Pietenpols. Long history of building things... race cars, restorations, boats, you name it. Quite common among Pietenpol enthusiasts, most of whom seem to have little hesitancy in learning new skills and making things themselves.