Pietenpol Plans

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
mdjarcher

Pietenpol Plans

Post by mdjarcher »

Hello Everyone,
This is Mark and I'm new to this community. I am also new to building planes. I live in Eugene Oregon and have been dreaming of building a Pietenpol Air Camper for 2 years now. It's time for me to start.
My question is: I'm looking into getting a set of plans and I am not getting any response from Doc Mosher. Is he no longer selling plans?
Thanks for the help.
Mark
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Re: Pietenpol Plans

Post by Pat Weeden »

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Pietenpol community!

You can purchase plans is directly from the Pietenpol family here:

https://www.pietenpolaircraftcompany.co ... craft-kits
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association
mdjarcher

Post by mdjarcher »

Thanks Pat. Thats where I’ll get them then.
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Mark; I'm just a ways down the road from you in Medford and I have a full set of plans if you have any questions or any difficulty interpreting the intent of the plans. Some of the materials called out in the plans have been superseded by more modern materials and methods, so unless you're striving for very detailed authenticity and adherence to the period, by all means speak up if you see references to wire, sheet metal, or other materials in the plans that you can't find a source for. There may not be any these days!

Also, my Air Camper, NX41CC, is complete and flying and I would be happy to photograph anything on my airplane for clarification during your build. Also happy to take you up sometime. You also have an excellent resource quite near by, Ernie Moreno, who lives on the Independence Airpark up the road from you and who owns and flies an Aircamper. He is also an EAA Tech Counselor and a very experienced builder and pilot. Across the highway and also not too far from you, in Albany, is a recently-completed Piet that flew in to the Independence fly-in last year the weekend of the eclipse. I forget the name of the builder, but I'm sure he would be willing to let you look at his airplane to see how some connection, detail, or assembly looks in real life.