Radiators

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Brian Amato

Radiators

Post by Brian Amato »

Some time ago, there was a guy building beautiful radiators for Air Campers. Can't remember his name. Anybody know who I'm talking about?
Is he still with us? Anybody else picked up the job?
Brian
taildrags

Re: Radiators

Post by taildrags »

You're probably thinking of Forrest Lovley. He's got a current page on Facebook and it shows him located in Jordan, Minnesota. Not sure if he is still building those work-of-art radiators though.
Brian Amato

Post by Brian Amato »

I don't do Face Book....too old or too dumb I guess....at least that's what my kids tell me. Is there another way to access that info?
Brian
Brian Amato

Post by Brian Amato »

I did find these guys. I know from being involved in Model A Ford cars, they make a wonderful radiator. Pricey as all get out tho:
http://www.thebrassworks.net/shop/Resto ... _info.html
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Are you looking for affordable, attractive, or functional? Pick any two... you can't have all three ;o) You might get with Kenny Crider on this list. Kenny worked through some teething issues when he was getting the cooling sorted out on his Jeep-powered Piet and I'm sure he has some suggestions on what might work for you without spending a bundle of money.