Wing Rotisserie

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
r1200gsDave

Wing Rotisserie

Post by r1200gsDave »

I am down to some minor details on the wings of my Pietenpol. I am hoping to start covering them in February!

I have seen pictures of setups that folks use that lets them spin the wing around and get at all areas with ease. I have the space that would be perfect for such a contraption. I have searched for details on construction and use on the 'net, but not found many good examples.

I would really like to know if anyone has some good pictures. Of course the best would be a set of plans, even if drawn on a bar napkin.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Happy New Year!

Dave
taildrags

Re: Wing Rotisserie

Post by taildrags »

Are you building the one-piece wing, or two-piece with centersection? Big difference. I'm assuming you're building separate outer wing panels, which makes it easier. You're probably not going to find many wing rotisseries than one like this Super Cub builder fabricated:

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_l ... 3908&row=1 . And of course you can build different parts of it out of wood rather than welded or bolted metal, but if you want to position the wing at any angle you want, the central 'hoop' is a pretty nifty way of allowing that. It rides in rollers down at the bottom.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
r1200gsDave

Post by r1200gsDave »

WOW is that ever cool!

THANKS!

Maybe I was just spelling it wrong....

I found this just now:
http://www.n566aj.com/cgi-bin/bbs/archi ... read=13294
KenBickers

Post by KenBickers »

Dave, here (I hope) are a couple of pics of the rotisserie that I used when covering and painting my wings. I can dig up more pics, if desired. Cheers, Ken
Attachments
Pietenpol Updates 052.jpg
Pietenpol Updates 025.jpg
r1200gsDave

Post by r1200gsDave »

Ken that is perfect!!!

Thank you!!!