New Member from St. Louis Missouri

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Rock

New Member from St. Louis Missouri

Post by Rock »

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself; new member from Ballwin in St. Louis county. Picked up the plans some time ago and just received the wood for the vertical stab. Really enjoy reading everyone's posts and love the photos.
If anyone has a Pietenpol in the St. Louis area, Id love to see it and take some pictures if you don't mind.
tom kreiner

Re: New Member from St. Louis Missouri

Post by tom kreiner »

As has been mentioned on the list fairly often, spending the weekend in Brodhead, WI, prior to AirVenture, aka Oshkosh, is a great way to learn about the plane, maybe hop a ride, get to meet guys flying in, and spend time learning about the type.

The Brodhead Pietenpol / Hatz Flyin is held in July and this year runs from Jul 16 thru the 19th. There is ample camping - hotel/motel if you must - and space for RV's, camping trailers, etc. The flyin is held by EAA 431, located on the field.

Each year you'll see vendors with books, Tee shirts, instruments, completed ribs, miscellaneous tools, parts, and more. Friday nite is a fish fry, and Sat nite is Pork Chop nite.

And just think, you're only a few hours away... Hope to see you there!
rightforlineup

Post by rightforlineup »

Rock,
Am also in STL. I am the new caretaker of a GN-1 Piet hangared in Millstadt IL. The engine is off for O/H but you're welcome to see it on most weekends. Bring your camera. It's a nice build.
Bob
Bob Miller EAA64
GN-1 Aircamper
Based IL91 Columbia, IL
flyin92

Post by flyin92 »

Rightforlineup,

I'm also in the STL area and I very interested in stopping by to see your GN-1 Piet in the near future. I'm about to start my building adventure and to see a Piet in person before I order the plans would be great.

Kris
rightforlineup

Post by rightforlineup »

Kris, sent you PM.
Going to re-hang motor in a couple of weeks and complete condition inspection.
That would be a good time.
Bob
Bob Miller EAA64
GN-1 Aircamper
Based IL91 Columbia, IL