Continental A65 For Sale

For Sale and Wanted ads for Pietenpol related items may be posted here. Please remember to manage your ads when your items are sold.
B Wilson

Continental A65 For Sale

Post by B Wilson »

I have a 0 Hr. Overhauled Continental A65 I would like to sell for $5,000. I got it with my started Piet project, but I live in Wyoming so I'm in need of an 0-200. I have attached a few pics, but could send more or answer questions if anybody is interested. I'm not sure how we could work out the shipping, but if you're interested let me know and we can work out the details.
Thank,
Brent
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (29.97 KiB) Viewed 9051 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (34.26 KiB) Viewed 9051 times
Andy Hoots

Re: Continental A65 For Sale

Post by Andy Hoots »

Brent,

Do you still have the A65 for sale? I see from the log book photo that it received the field overhaul in 2009. Has it been pickled for storage? I am about 60% done with my Pietenpol and have decided to use a Continental. I don't have a line on a good engine yet so I just recently started looking.

Thanks,

Andy Hoots
O'Fallon, IL
Andy
B Wilson

Post by B Wilson »

Andy,
Yes I still have the engine. I got the engine when I bought a started project from Dave Jeardeau in Madison WI. He bought it from Bill Rewey a well known Piet guy. I don't know too much about it other than it had been field overhauled and I have a receipt for a few parts and the log book. As far as pickled the only thing I know for sure is that Dave put the descecant containers in the plug holes so that moisture didn't build up in the cylinders and I have changed them out once in the last six months. It has the mags and the carburetor as well. I am out of town until after the new year, but I can send you more pictures and try to answer as many questions as I can. Let me know what you need. You can PM me at wyowilsons@gmail.com if you would like.
Thanks,
Brent
Andy Hoots

Post by Andy Hoots »

Thanks Brent. I will e-mail you shortly.

Andy
Andy
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Any chance you still have this engine? If so I'd like to get more information.
B Wilson

Post by B Wilson »

Yes I do still have it. If you PM me I can send more pics and answer your questions the best I can. I got it with a started project and so I have limited info. I am only selling it because I live in Wyoming and need a little more Horsepower.
Thanks, Brent