Wanted - Landing Gear

For Sale and Wanted ads for Pietenpol related items may be posted here. Please remember to manage your ads when your items are sold.
JimBob

Wanted - Landing Gear

Post by JimBob »

Wanted: Split Axle Landing Gear
I don't know how to weld / would like to learn but no classes anywhere near me.
Don't have any equipment.
I don't have a good location even if I did. The hanger is full of project=wood, sawdust, etc.
Local welders won't touch since it's for an airplane (no, I won't fib).
Ready for gear but kind of at a loss.
I didn't know if anyone had, or knows of someone who either has one to sell or is willing to make something up for me.
Terry Hand

Re: Wanted - Landing Gear

Post by Terry Hand »

If you can wait a little while, I am aware of a manual that will be coming out in the very near future which will contain cad drawings of the gear you are asking about. I will post more on that soon.

How many welders have you asked that turned you down? Have you looked on Craigslist for welders? Where I live I just looked this morning and there were 15 different welders on Craigslist advertising their services. I can't imagine all 15 give a hoot where their welding services are being utilized.

Maybe you need to expand your search for a welder.
Semper Fi,

Terry Hand
Athens GA
JimBob

Post by JimBob »

No, I have not looked on Craigslist but a good suggestion.
Looking forward to the manual.
Thanks
Marine430

Post by Marine430 »

I imagine you found someone to build your landing gear by now but if you didn't, I can. What about the other welded components? Matt. 360 622 9422
flyin92

Post by flyin92 »

I'm basically in the same boat for all welded parts. If I could find the welded parts I could continue build6my project instead of trying to sale it.
JimBob

Post by JimBob »

Marine430, sorry for the delayed response. I really lucked out and found an EXCELLENT local tig welder. He did a fantastic job. I showed welds to all the airport bums and everyone owwed and awwed. Work of art. Anyway, thank you for the response/offer.