Pietenpol-List: epoxy resin

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack"
Hey,I'm getting ready to layup my cowling. Any suggestions as to which epoxyresin to use? I'm kinda leaning towards longer pot life as much of whatI've ready seems to focus on a race with the stuff curing in the pot.ThanksDouwe________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: epoxy resin

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Not sure what you mean by "layup" I've had excellent results with WestSystem, they have different hardeners to alter the set time.Jack,Jack _____
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: epoxy resin

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: douweblumberg(at)earthlink.net
Douwe=2CSystem Three's clear coat epoxy has a long pot life and wets out really nice since it's thinner than other laminating resins. I think it would be plenty strong especially in something nonstructural like a cowling. But you can check their tech sheet and compare. It's great stuff to work with.Doug DeverIn beautiful Stow Ohio
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Doug Dever
Hey=2CI=92m getting ready to layup my cowling. Any suggestions as to which epoxy resin to use? I=92m kinda leaning towards longer pot life as much of what I=92ve ready seems to focus on a race with the stuff curing in the pot.ThanksDouwe ________________________________________________________________________________