Pietenpol-List: 8 minute video segment from EAA on the Pietenpol Air Camper

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: 8 minute video segment from EAA on the Pietenpol Air Camper

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: airlion
Subject: Pietenpol-List: 8 minute video segment from EAA on the Pietenpol Air CamperAnd the guy who started this list way back-Steve Eldredge from Utah who flew his new plane all theway to Oshkosh to join us in 1999 when we gathered for the 70th anniversary of the design.http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=1373284259Mike C.________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:07:53 -0800 (PST)
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: carlson aircraft aluminum struts

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: helspersew(at)aol.com
I should have clarrified - the "small" struts are about 2.5" x 1" and the "large" struts are about 3 1/8" x 1 1/4". Are you sure Larry used the small ones?? I guess the strength is there..Tom B.Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: carlson aircraft aluminum struts
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: TOM MICHELLE BRANT
Hi Tom=2CI copied Larry Williams (Top or Head Curmudgeon) and used the small Carlson wing struts. Go to westcoastpiet.com=2C where there are three photos to look at. The inserts were made from 7075 aluminum alloy pieces I got from Mcmaster-Carr. Dan HelsperPuryear=2C TN-----Original Message-----