Pietenpol-List: Jerry Dotson's post

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Jerry Dotson's post

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Philips"
I completely yield to the gentleman from Florida! Very good post Jerry and keepingit positive is the way to go. This list hasbeen a great source for information and thru this list and the gatherings at BrodheadI've been blessed with some of the bestnuckleheaded friends a man could ever ask for-----lifelong friendships from 2,3, 7 states away! I don't mind answering or helping anyone if I can, even if I've posted the samesketch or drawing 18 times before. Funny how wecan pass the torch like we do and we can trace (as you did in your post) how wegot into this world. I had a friend from high school, equally nuts about aviation. Art (now a United pilot) went to college with a guynamed Frank. Art says, "you gotta see this plane mybuddy at college built with his Dad." Art's friend was Frank Pavliga and Artwas kind enough to introduce me to Frank one day. I found out that Frank was as sick as I am and we quickly became friends. Airplanesaside, I ended up not talking Frank out of it onthe altar one day and was his best man at his wedding. Let's keep passing this Pietenpol torch. What a great little airplane. You knowone of the things I totally love about this plane? Kidsat fly-in's and air shows can see over the rear cockpit without any trouble. So cool. Simple, but means a lot. Those memories mightjust spark that kid into going into aviation someday. Mike C.Ohio________________________________________________________________________________