Pietenpol-List: The Aviation Museum of New Hampshire Fly-in

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: The Aviation Museum of New Hampshire Fly-in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "womenfly2"
Steve; I don't have any free time but if I did, I have a long list of things thatI could do with it.I once got it in my mind that one of the best-looking airplanes I've ever seenwas the Britten-Norman BN-2A "Islander" twin and that the lines of it were simpleenough that a homebuilt version (scaled down, of course) could be laid outand built with twin Corvairs for power. Constant-chord wing, fixed gear, andimagine having the power quadrant up on the cabin ceiling ;o)There is one other twin that I like even more than the Islander and it's the PartenaviaP68. However, that one is a little swoopier and would probably be moredifficult to do a good knock-off job in composite.All just dreams of course, and for a guy who takes months to turn out some simplelittle Piet tail hinges, I might as well attempt to build a replica of theUSS Nimitz, complete with a homebuilt nuclear propulsion system.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: The Aviation Museum of New Hampshire Fly-in