Pietenpol-List: Airspeed Question

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Airspeed Question

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "McNarry, John"
>>Any advice out there about how anyone has installed their airspeed>probe and static lines ? To simplify things I plan on installing a >single probe out on the leading edge of the wing and just let the >static port be open to atmosphere behind the panel.>Would this work since it is an open cockpit environment or is>it necessary to run a line from the static port out to another probe>next to the ram air line ?? Mike C. >________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Airspeed Question

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
Michael D Cuy wrote: >>Any advice out there about how anyone has installed their airspeed >probe and static lines ? To simplify things I plan on installing a >single probe out on the leading edge of the wing and just let the >static port be open to atmosphere behind the panel. >Would this work since it is an open cockpit environment or is >it necessary to run a line from the static port out to another probe >next to the ram air line ?? Mike C. > Your plan and logic is the same as mine. It is what I plan on doing.Stevee________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: grhans(at)freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Mike,I just used the set-up Aircraft Spruce has with the static port on aseparate tube next to the ram air line out on the wing. According mytiming speed and distance at cruise speed it apears to be accurate. Atlower speeds I'm not really sure how close it is. Tony Bingilas has asome good info in one of his books on plumbing stuff.Craig________________________________________________________________________________