Pietenpol-List: test post

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: test post

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Kevin McDonald
no repeats________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: test post

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> Re: test post

Post by matronics »

>To: Pietenpol Discussion >From: peknow(at)midcoast.com.au (Peter Knowles)>Subject: Re: test post>>Steve,>Received your test post ok along with 15 repeat 15 copies from Kevin Macdonald.>My Piet is about 85% complete with the left wing finished today, and astart on the right wing. When I say finished I actually mean ready forcovering. I have what I consider to be a major problem and I am wondering ifanyone else has experienced it, and if so what the fix is. >>When I tension the elevator cables,control column to bellcrank, as soon asthe cables move toward the up elevator position, the cables go very slack,and I mean slack. Everything is as per Orrin Hoopman's drawings and Ihaverepeatedly checked and rechecked my measurements. I am wracking mybrains to find a solution but so far to no avail. Am I missing somthinghere? Can anyone out there HELP.>>Peter.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> > Re: test post

Post by matronics »

Peter Knowles wrote:> >To: Pietenpol Discussion > >From: peknow(at)midcoast.com.au (Peter Knowles)> >Subject: Re: test post> >> >Steve,> >Received your test post ok along with 15 repeat 15 copies from Kevin> Macdonald.> >My Piet is about 85% complete with the left wing finished today, and> a> start on the right wing. When I say finished I actually mean ready for>> covering. I have what I consider to be a major problem and I am> wondering if> anyone else has experienced it, and if so what the fix is.> >> >When I tension the elevator cables,control column to bellcrank, as> soon as> the cables move toward the up elevator position, the cables go very> slack,> and I mean slack. Everything is as per Orrin Hoopman's drawings and I> haverepeatedly checked and rechecked my measurements. I am wracking my>> brains to find a solution but so far to no avail. Am I missing> somthing> here? Can anyone out there HELP.> >> >Peter. Peter,At first stab, I would asume that your walking bar is mispostioned whenthe stick and elevator are neutral. I don't have any slack in mycontrols. My walking bar is tilted about 25 degrees counter clockwisefrom vertical () looking at the fuse from the port side. It would alsohelp to know where and which cables go slack.Stevee________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: test post

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: peknow(at)midcoast.com.au (Peter Knowles)
________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> > Re: test post

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "ernest l. hagness"
> > > >To: Pietenpol Discussion > >From: peknow(at)midcoast.com.au (Peter Knowles)> >Subject: Re: test post> >> >Steve,> >Received your test post ok along with 15 repeat 15 copies from KevinMacdonald.> >My Piet is about 85% complete with the left wing finished today, and a> start on the right wing. When I say finished I actually mean ready for> covering. I have what I consider to be a major problem and I am wonderingif> anyone else has experienced it, and if so what the fix is. > >> >When I tension the elevator cables,control column to bellcrank, as soonas> the cables move toward the up elevator position, the cables go veryslack,> and I mean slack. Everything is as per Orrin Hoopman's drawings and I> haverepeatedly checked and rechecked my measurements. I am wracking my> brains to find a solution but so far to no avail. Am I missing somthing> here? Can anyone out there HELP.> >> >Peter.________________________________________________________________________________