Pietenpol-List: Re: tailwheel spring

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: ADonJr
Does anyone have a ready source for the tailwheel spring for a Piet? Noone in Portland will admit to being able to furnish one without it beingcustom wound.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: joe czaplicki
TRY A LEAF SPRING FROM A LIGHT WEIGHT BOAT TRAILER . CUT IT IN 1/2 AND USE ONE END . MOUNT WHEEL ON IT AND OFF YOU GO________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Phil Phillips
got mine from the local john deere dealer,i will dig up the part number foryou when i go out to the shop Doug..
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Phil Phillips
TAILWHEEL SPRING part#. John Deere T143444 $13.80 Canadian as ofSept.97
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>> Phil Phillips
The BPA newsletter has had 2 references to tailsprings:John Deere part T143444 (Someone said it was from a rake)21" Kawasaki front strut- cut spring to length. The tubing from the housingprovides material for the upper and lower retaining sockets.Al Swanson>got mine from the local john deere dealer,i will dig up the part number for>you when i go out to the shop Doug..>>----------
matronics

> Re: tailwheel spring

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "D.J.H."
> > > > Does anyone have a ready source for the tailwheel spring for a Piet? No> one in Portland will admit to being able to furnish one without it being> custom wound.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> Re: tailwheel spring

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "McNarry, John"
> > > > Does anyone have a ready source for the tailwheel spring for a Piet? No> one in Portland will admit to being able to furnish one without it being> custom wound.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

>> Re: tailwheel spring

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Mark Morgan
>> >> >> >> Does anyone have a ready source for the tailwheel spring for a Piet? No>> one in Portland will admit to being able to furnish one without it being>> custom wound.>>________________________________________________________________________________