Southeast Piet Fly-in

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
swainer74

Southeast Piet Fly-in

Post by swainer74 »

Hello,

I would like to organize a Pietenpol Fly-in at the Collegedale Municipal Airport (KFGU) in Southeast Tennessee. I would like to have the event on September 9, 2017. Please let me know if there is any interest in attending so I can know about how many to expect. I have also included a link to the airport below. Emails may be sent to the manager there.

Thanks

http://www.collegedaletn.gov/index.aspx?nid=134
Tools

Re: Southeast Piet Fly-in

Post by Tools »

Well, if it hasn't sold by then, I'll bring a Piet. If it has, I'll come in a c-120!

Tools
chuckiebaby

Post by chuckiebaby »

Hey! This is a BIG IF. If I have finished my Piet project, if I have gotten it inspected and approved, and IF I have flown off the required number of hours -- I will bring a brand new Piet (NX-10003) to the flyin. Chuck
swainer74

Post by swainer74 »

I have only received 4 RSVP's on this Fly-In and do not see the point in pursuing it further if there is this little amount of interest. I think only two of the respondents have or may have flying Piets. Without a sufficient number of respondents I have been unable to secure local sponsors. I will be hanging around the airport to see if anyone shows up either way.