Pietenpol-List: engine mount

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Duane
Subject: Pietenpol-List: engine mount Walt asked the group what length engine mount to use with a 65 cont,Various answers were offered. The question to ask is- where is the cg of their aircraft & whatmodificatons were effected to obtain that cg. Mike B - Piet N687MB ( Mr Sam )________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Warren Shoun
Subject: Pietenpol-List: engine mount Walt asked the group what length engine mount to use with a 65 cont,Various answers were offered. The question to ask is- where is the cg of their aircraft & whatmodificatons were effected to obtain that cg. Mike B - Piet N687MB ( Mr Sam ) ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Fw: engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Brusilow
Mike B.Thanks for simplifying the question. I'm building the long fuselage fromthe prints from Pietenpol family, with a Continental 65.I didn't know that there were so many variations. Just my fat butt. My APmentor says to add about an inch , and make the rest up with the wing.Walt Evans-----Original Message-----________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: walter evans
Walt asked the group what length engine mount to use with a 65 cont,Various answers were offered. The question to ask is- where is the cg of their aircraft & whatmodificatons were effected to obtain that cg. Mike B - Piet N687MB ( Mr Sam ) Walt asked the group what lengthengine mount touse with a 65 cont, Various answers were offered. The question to ask is- where isthe cg oftheir aircraft what modificatons were effected to obtain thatcg.Mike B - Piet N687MB ( Mr Sam)________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Fw: engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Brusilow
Mike B.Thanks for simplifying the question. I'm building the long fuselagefrom the prints from Pietenpol family, with a Continental 65.I didn't know that there were so many variations. Just my fat butt. MyAP mentor says to add about an inch , and make the rest up with thewing.Walt Evans-----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: walter evans
We have a piet with the extended fuselage and model A engine. I am 245lbs. and was way behind the C.G.. The calculations said move the engine12" forward. We did the un-thinkable and changed the plans. We will be atoshkosh with it and we feel this was the safest way to handle the aft C.G.problem________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> walter evans
Well.......don't just leave us hanging out here.....tell us what changesyou made and what the logic was....{;~)WarrenCreative Ice wrote:> We have a piet with the extended fuselage and model A engine. I am 245> lbs. and was way behind the C.G.. The calculations said move the engine> 12" forward. We did the un-thinkable and changed the plans. We will be at> oshkosh with it and we feel this was the safest way to handle the aft C.G.> problem>> ----------
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Warren Shoun
With the fuselage extension and the 12" engine forward change, the onlyproblem we've encountered is the main wheels should be moved forward tohave a little more weight on the tailwheel. We test flew the piet. withlead weight under the engine before all the work of new motor mount etc. It actually flew better but this was anly around the patch. Now we aretaxi testing and getting it light and everything feels very good. We wantto have a few more hours of engine time after this {complete} rebuildbefore we fly. We made some modifications to the wingstrut bolts and arejust finishing that. The cowling will be finished by Osh. and we willtrailer it in, re-assemble it when we return , annual it, THEN TEST FlY. All this was done in-spite of purists saying don't change the plans. Ican't believe anyone who recommends we fly BEHIND the aft C.G. and calls itsafe. Certainly a very qualified test pilot will test all flight regimes . LIVES THERE A PIET EXACTLY AS THE FIRST PIET.??? Scott
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Douwe Blumberg"
We build mounts for some pretty big planes and tig weld them. We stress relieve them. We do it in a kind of dark place and bring the weldment to a dull red color and then let it cool slow. It is best to keep it in any fixure that you have other wise it could deform.JerrySky Classic AircraftPieten 38----- Original Message -----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Rick Holland
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: engine mount
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
I gas welded mine and normalized after welding.Jack PhillipsNX899JPRaleigh, NC-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "bender"
i look forward to that day... it looks greatwhat size plywood web is that if you don't mind me asking ??jeffRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: engine mount
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: CJ Borsuk
my ford has a place to sit after a day at worklooking forward to some sparsjeffRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ttachments: http://forums.matronics.com//files/emou ... ______Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:14:55 -0800 (PST)
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Billy McCaskill"
For those who always want to know everything, BNC stands for Berkely Nuclear Corp'nand started during the Manhatten project. So now your Piet will join theelite. Go fly!Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: engine mount
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Andy Garrett"
Thanks to all for the comments. Above all, I want this process to be fun. My 3.5year boat build was the most rewarding experience of my life (and I've had aninteresting life so far). I expect the Piet to be the same only more so.William, thanks for taking the time to comment, I know how busy you are with nearlyback to back CCs. I've been buried in my Corvair Conversion Manual for weeksnow, and have found the tone to be motivating. So much of this pursuit isvery technical and it is easy to loose sight of 'why' we chose this path. Thus,it becomes easier to accept one of those thousand reasons to quit that you mentioned.Your style of information presentation never strays far from the philosophicalreason we do this. This type of encouragement drives my desire to absorbas much as I can from all angles. I just want to get started, because Iknow how I respond once I get rolling--I will have momentum and that will getthings done. Life will eventually intervene, but in good bursts..., it'll keepmoving along.I just have to save some $$$ for the crank and bearing work (as I hunt for an engine).Everyone wants to sell the whole car as a package for more than I wantto spend. I will be patient and press on.Thanks again.--------Andy Garrett'General Purpose Creative Dude'Haysville, KansasRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: engine mount
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "jarheadpilot82"
So..., I have an interest in making my own mount for the Corvair per BHP's plans,but at a higher thrust line.I suspect I'll need a slightly bigger prop.Does anyone know the difference is between the 'standard' thrust line and the 'high'thrust line?--------Andy Garrett'General Purpose Creative Dude'Haysville, KansasRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: engine mount
matronics

Post by matronics »

Andy,Not to put you off, but there is more info on this subject on the FlyCorvair.netand FlyCorvair.com websites than here. I would email William Wynne directlyto get more info about this aspect of your build.--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: engine mount
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "William Wynne"
Your comment about a larger prop caused me to pull up this link-http://flycorvair.net/?s=Propeller&submit=SearchMaybe this will help you some.--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: engine mount
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: =?utf-8?B?Ymx1ZXBpbG90NUB5YWhvby5jb20=?=
Andy,To further Terry's comments: If you have a question about the stuff we do with Corvairs, I like to cover that on our own sites. I try to make all my comments here applicable to all Piet builders. I am glad to share stuff about what BHP did with Corvairs here, but I like to keep anything that sounds like commercial work or customer service on our own sites. If you missed it this page: http://flycorvair.net/2013/11/28/corvai ... ence-page/ has links to a few dozen stories I wrote on Piets and our work with them. Detailed answers to your mount questions can be found there.To be clear, 'High thrust line' is just a descriptive term I made up to differentiate The mounts we make from BHP Corvair mounts. There is about 3" difference, but our mounts are also 3" longer, as a result of things we learned from the weight and balance project: ( http://flycorvair.net/2014/02/23/pieten ... e-project/ ) If you look at the BHP mount, it has two legs that come back to meet the cross reinforcement 2/3rds of the way up the fuselage. You can't just make it 3" taller, it will not meet any structure. Our mounts just contact the four longerons. Study the pictures in the links and it will make sense. I actually do not have a drawing for our mounts, I just built a fixture and have made about 20 of them. BHP selected the thrust line he used because it was very close to the Ford's location, it worked with original fuselages, and he needed the vertical clearance to fit the Corvair's stock blower fan, which we do not use.Terry's comments on what we do are pretty accurate because He comes to the Colleges,is a good researcher and voracious reader, he has a complete and test runCorvair, a fully welded fuselage, and most of his wings done. I listen to histhoughts on flying because he has about 25K hours flying Boeings around theglobe, a long stint as an instructor at Pensacola, an active CFI and good judgment.Our Pietenpol page has a very good guest editorial of his on risk management.-ww.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Upcoming trips to Houston and Los Angeles...

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tkreiner"
CgoKCgoKICAgIEdvb2QgbW9ybmluZyBhbGwgZnJvbSB0aGUgc29nZ3kgc3RhdGUgb2YgV2FzaGluZ3Rvbi4gQWZ0ZXIgbWFueSB0aG91Z2h0cyBJIGhhdmUgZGVjaWRlZCB0byBidWlsZCBhIFBpZXRlbnBvbCBidXQgYXMgYnV0IEkgd2FudCBmbHkgZXZlcnl3aGVyZS4gSGVyZSBpbiB0aGlzIHN0YXRlLiBJIHdpbGwgYmUgZmx5aW5nIG92ZXIgbW91bnRhaW5zIGFuZCB3YXRlciBhbmQgbGFyZ2Ugd29vZHMuIFNvIGNvdWxkIHNvbWVvbmUgYnJhc3MgdGFja3MgdGhlIHJlbGlhYmlsaXR5IG9mIHRoZSBDb3J2YWlyIHZzIHRoZSBvLTIwMC4gUGxlYXNlIGFuZCB0aGFuayB5b3UuClNlbnQgZnJvbSBteSBWZXJpem9uIDRHIExURSBTbWFydHBob25lCgoK________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Upcoming trips to Houston and Los Angeles...
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Log time listener first time caller

Post by matronics »

Jim I don't know if you remember but we met for five years ago when you were inHouston and if you have the time and you are not already committed give me acall 832-326-2970, and will get dinner. Tom--------Tom KreinerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Log time listener first time caller
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Philips"
Mr. Pilot:Theory: O-200, as a purpose built certified aircraft engine, is more reliable thanany conversion engine like a Corvair.Reality: You can't expect any O-200 for sale for $7K to demonstrate the same reliabilityas a New, certificated $25K O-200A. (The O-200D at $19.9K does not havethe same track record)Do you like to gamble, particularly with very large wagers? Buy a used engine,don't tear it down, and fly it banking on the idea that the seller said it was'great'. The wager isn't the $7K, it is your life.Don't like to gamble? If you are willing to invest time to learn and get your handsdirty, I can show you how to build a $7K Corvair that is far more reliablethan the great majority of used O-200s at the same price.If you just read this and said "But my buddy bought an engine from Banstormersand it turned out great" You are a gambler at heart, and I wish you good luck.If you just read this and said, "I would rather know what was inside", you area builder at heart. You will not need luck, which is good because it doesn'texist.--------------------------------A VERY importiant story to read about flying in unforgiving places:http://flycorvair.net/2012/10/22/ed-and ... y/-ww.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Log time listener first time caller

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
No Message here. You must have the same computer Jeff Boatright uses.Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain Lake, Virginia
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Log time listener first time caller

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com [owner-pietenpol-list-serve
I resemble that remark!!Hey, man, I went flying for the first time in 2015!! GOD I LOVE FLYING!!________________________________________Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhDProfessor of OphthalmologyEmory University School of Medicine________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Log time listener first time caller

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jack
I am looking for the springs that go on top of the Model A block that hold theengine block to the wood bearers. Does anyone have a source or part number ofwhat they have used? I have checked with local hardware stores, McMaster Carr,MSC, etc. everybody has springs but not the correct size. Dia. Is too big, coilsize to big, etc. smaller ones that I have found that would work are too weakand not strong enough. Any leads would be apprecaited.Thanks RobRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Log time listener first time caller
matronics

Post by matronics »

Both engines can be reliable if built and maintained correctly. My pick would be the 0200, sorry Corvair folks...Sent from my iPadJack Textor> On Mar 15, 2015, at 1:50 PM, bluepilot5(at)yahoo.com wrote:> > Good morning all from the soggy state of Washington. After many thoughts I have decided to build a Pietenpol but as but I want fly everywhere. Here in this state. I will be flying over mountains and water and large woods. So could someone brass tacks the reliability of the Corvair vs the o-200. Please and thank you.> > Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone> =C2=C2=B7=BA~=B0=C3=AD=C2=B2,=C3=9E=C3=99=C3=8A%=C2=A2=C2=BD4=C3=93M4}=C2=A7=1Er=B9=C2=AB=B0=C3=C3=A7{=07(=C2=BA=C2=B8=C5=BE=C2=AD8^>'=C2=ADzzh=9D=C2=B8=C2=AC=C2=B4I=C5=A1=C5-Qh=C2=AE=C3=A9=9D=C2=B1=C3=ABax=C3=86=C2=AD=C2=AE=B0=C3=A2r=C3=82=C3=A2=C2=B2=C3=91^j=C3=9B=C2=ABz=C3=83Z=C2=BE(=1A=C2=B6=C5-=C3=AD=C2=A1=C2=BA=C3=A8=C3=82=C3=87=C2=AD=C3=A9=C5=A1=C5=B8"=C3=A2=C2=B2=C3=9B=C2=AD=C5-X=C2=AD=B0=C3=AB,=C2=B9=C3=88Z=C2=B0=C2=B8=C2=AC=C2=B5I=C3J=C3=C3=ACr=C2=B8=C2=A9=C2=B6*'=02=C2=B7!=C5-=C3=B7=99y=C2=C3=9C=9E:0=C5=BEZ=1Aw=C2=B0=C3=9A=C3=88=1A=C3=A8=C3=82=C3=87=9A=C2=ABE=01=03=C3=A1=C2=A2=C3=9A,=C2=C3=9Ejwf=C2=B9=C3=88f=C2=B9=C3=88f=C2=A2=C2=B7=C5=A1-=C2=B7=C5=B8-=C3=9Bi=C3=C3=BC0=C3=82f=C2=AD=C2=AE=B0=C3=A2r=C3=87(=BA=C3=B3Z=C2=BE(=1A=C2=B6=C5-=C3=8F=B0=C3=AB^=C5=BE=C5=A1%.+--=C3=9Bi=C3=C3=BC0=C3=82f=C2=AD=C2=AE=B0=C3=A2r=C3=87(=BA=C3=B3Z=C2=BE(=1A=C2=B6=C5-=C3=8F=B0=C3=AB^=C5=BE=C5=A1%.+-=C3=BD=C2=A3M=13=C2=8D $=93=10=11NEC=12I=C2=A9=C5=BE=9A=C2=B7=C5=A1=C2=B5=C3=8A'=C2=B5=C3=A9=C3=ADj[(j=C3=B6=C2=A2=A2=C2=C3=A5z=C3=B8=C5=A1=C2=B6=17=93y=C2=B1h=C2=AE=C3=A9=C2=ACj=1A=C3=9E~=1Bm=C2=A7=C3=C3=9F=C2=A2=C2=BB=C2=C2=B2f=C2=AD=C2=AE=B0=C3=A2r=C3=87(=C5=A1=1Bm=C2=A7=C3=C3=9F=C2=A2=C2=BB=C2=C2=B2f=C2=AD=C2=AE=B0=C3=A2r=C3=87(=BA=C3=B6=B9=C5-=C3=8BB=C2=A2{k=B0=C2=BB=C2=AD=C5-=B0=C3'y=C2=B4=C2=A2=C2=B5=C3=A4=C3=A1jy2=C2=A2=C3=A7=C3=A8=C2=AF*.=C2=AE=07=C2=A7z=C2=BA.=C2=B2=C3=8B=C2=A9=C2=C5-=C3=AD1=C2=ABm=0E=C2=B6=C2=A5=A2=C3=A2=C3=A2=C2=B2=C3=90=1D=C5=A1)=C3=9A-=C2=B7=C5=B8-=C3=9Bi=C3=C3=BC0=C3=82f=C2=AD=C2=AE=B0=C3=A2r=C3=87(=BA=C3=B7(=C5=BE=C3=9A=C3=A2n=C3=ABb=C2=A2xm=C2=B6=C5=B8=C3=C3=83=0C&j=C3=9A=C3=A8=C5=BE',r=B0=C2r=B0=C3=AD=C2=AE&=C3=AE=C2=B6*'=C3=BD=C2=AF=C3=9B=C3=BD=C3=BA'=C2=B7=C3=BAk{=C3=B6=C3=A8w/=C3=A1=C2=B6i________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Log time listener first time caller
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Log time listener first time caller

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
JacK Textor:About 300 years before the Wright brothers, a guy in England wrote a play aboutthe Roman Empire, and the dialog included a timeless bit of wisdom:."The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves ".The passage is really about resisting elevating a man to divine status who on thebasis of observed evidence, was a mortal. It addresses the element in all humansthat wants to believe that they can abdicate from difficult decisions ifthey grant special powers, ie: emperor, certification, etc, to one side and thenblindly follow it. Both engines can be made to work well, The fault dear jack, is not in the metal,but in the people. And the primary fault of the people is granting a used O-200some special status, because some of the parts on it were once inside a setof specifications called certified. To blindly trust that, or to believe thatO-200s without logs or papers still inherently will have advantages over conversions,is the very core of the exact attitude that has cost many people dearly.The only defense in aviation is Never to grant an engine, plane nor pilot specialstatus that no longer requires you to examine it for what it is. Trust, onlyon the basis of what you can see and understand, and have verified. This kindof thinking was taught to me by old men, aviators who were alive because thenever made 'gods' of things that were just metal systems.-ww.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:48:48 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Log time listener first time caller
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: airlion2(at)gmail.com
Thank you gentlemen.I've read through the links again and picked up a few things I had missed on previousreads.I am inclined to send off for Doc Mosher's Piet info packet. Is he still offeringthis?--------Andy Garrett'General Purpose Creative Dude'Haysville, KansasRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: engine mount
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: airlion2(at)gmail.com
I have an engine mount that fits a 26 inch wide fusee.I am switching to a continental.Gardiner mason. 7065943811. Lagrange, Ga.Sent from my iPad> On Mar 14, 2015, at 7:49 PM, "Andy Garrett" wrote:> > > So..., I have an interest in making my own mount for the Corvair per BHP's plans,but at a higher thrust line.> > I suspect I'll need a slightly bigger prop.> > Does anyone know the difference is between the 'standard' thrust line and the'high' thrust line?> > --------> Andy Garrett> 'General Purpose Creative Dude'> Haysville, Kansas> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 388#439388> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: engine mount
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "GNflyer"
Hi Terry, Do you need the engine mounting hardware? GardinerSent from my iPad> On Mar 14, 2015, at 8:27 PM, "jarheadpilot82" wrote:> > > Your comment about a larger prop caused me to pull up this link-> > http://flycorvair.net/?s=Propeller&submit=Search> > Maybe this will help you some.> > --------> Semper Fi,> > Terry Hand> Athens, GA> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 393#439393> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: engine mount
matronics

Post by matronics »

Thanks Dan! Would really appreciate it!Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: engine mount
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: danhelsper(at)aol.com
Gardiner,Yes I do. I am in Dakar, Senegal, West Africa right now on a trip and will callyou in a day or so.--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:39:09 -0400
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Andy Garrett"
Thanks Dan appreciate the effort. Jeff Faith gave me the info of what he used.They are Model T ( which is why I couldn't find them, I was looking with A stuff) radius rod cap springs. Snyder Ford # T-2742. $1.00 a pair. If you thinkyours are light maybe try some of these? Thanks Again RobRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Log time listener first time caller
matronics

> Fw: engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Michael Brusilow
>> Mike B.> Thanks for simplifying the question. I'm building the long fuselage from> the prints from Pietenpol family, with a Continental 65.> I didn't know that there were so many variations. Just my fat butt. My AP> mentor says to add about an inch , and make the rest up with the wing.> Walt Evans> -----Original Message-----
matronics

> engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Duprey
> Subject: engine mount>> Walt asked the group what length engine mount to use with a 65 cont,> Various answers were offered.> The question to ask is- where is the cg of their aircraft & what> modificatons were effected to obtain that cg.>> Mike B - Piet N687MB ( Mr Sam )>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> Re: engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> > walter evans
> > Well.......don't just leave us hanging out here.....tell us whatchanges> you made and what the logic was....{;~)> Warren> > Creative Ice wrote:> > > We have a piet with the extended fuselage and model A engine. I am 245> > lbs. and was way behind the C.G.. The calculations said move theengine> > 12" forward. We did the un-thinkable and changed the plans. We willbe at> > oshkosh with it and we feel this was the safest way to handle the aftC.G.> > problem> >> > ----------
matronics

> > Fw: engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> > Michael Brusilow
> >> > Mike B.> > Thanks for simplifying the question. I'm building the long fuselagefrom> > the prints from Pietenpol family, with a Continental 65.> > I didn't know that there were so many variations. Just my fat butt. My AP> > mentor says to add about an inch , and make the rest up with the wing.> > Walt Evans> > -----Original Message-----
matronics

> > engine mount

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: mike cushway
> > Subject: engine mount> >> > Walt asked the group what length engine mount to use with a 65 cont,> > Various answers were offered.> > The question to ask is- where is the cg of their aircraft & what> > modificatons were effected to obtain that cg.> >> > Mike B - Piet N687MB ( Mr Sam )> >> ________________________________________________________________________________