Pietenpol-List: Fw: Da Plane

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Clif Dawson"
my frien im total agree whit you ,is the same pilot cand fly is like living inhell. Da Plane out for a party on Saturday. At the Delta Heritage Airpark flyin. Behind it is the Chief I get to fly in the meantime. And finally back in the hanger. Clif To most people the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
Da Plane out for a party on Saturday. At the Delta Heritage Airparkflyin. Behind it is the Chief I get to fly in the meantime.And finally back in the hanger.ClifTo most people the sky is the limit.To a pilot, the sky is home.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Fw: Da Plane

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Nice to see it in the sun, Clif! I'll bet those struts drew all kinds ofsmart-ass comments.Gary BootheNX308MB
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Fw: Da Plane

Post by matronics »

Looking good, Clif! Go ahead and start covering it!Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain Lake, Virginia
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Smoke oil recipe

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: glenschweizer(at)yahoo.com
I need to fill up my smoke tank before brodhead. Any good smoke oil recipes outthere?DouweSent from my iPhone________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Smoke oil recipe
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Da Plane

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "aerocarjake"
I think what chuck said was that tents aren't allowed WITH the rv's. Which maybe technically true. However, in the spirit of things such as they are there,if your grandson pitched a tent very close to and clearly associated with you,I simply cannot imagine anyone saying a thing about it. Now, if he took space away from an rv, then someone MIGHT politely ask him to relocateto allow a wheeled vehicle there, which cannot go to the other side ofthe closed runway.I agree, being on the field is the way to go. ToolsRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Da Plane
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: jorge lizarraga
So very nice....! Your progress is very inspiring!!!!!Thx for posting..........--------Jake Schultz - curator,Newport Way Air Museum (OK, it's just my home)Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 18:28:51 -0700
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Fw: Da Plane

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gary Boothe
Thanks to all of you! :-)What a day! It sure attracted attention. With all the talking,explaining, etc, oh, and the sun, it took two days torecover.There's a lot to do yet before covering. The REAL struts haveto be made, engine and fuel system work and testing, otherstuff, then inspection number one.I should have taken a pic of the sign on the struts. So manythought these knotty, square sticks were the finishedstruts. I had to make the signs in big letters;"These are not the real struts, they are temporary!"I think folks got the message. Not sure of a few though. :-)Oh, and a couple of fellows turned up who have this pietthat has been all over the place and may or may nothave flown in the past. He's got a Corvair on the front.Fuselage needs covering, some cabling has to be done.I'm not sure what else. Changes have been made ofcourse. Clif ----- Original Message -----
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Smoke oil recipe

Post by matronics »

Since Aircraft Spruce started selling smoke oil in gallon containers, I usetheir "Super-Dri" smoke oil. It leaves no residue on the airplane and makesthe densest, most persistent smoke I've seen.http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/e ... =13074Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain Lake, Virginia-----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Da Plane

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Andy Garrett"
We had similar performance improvements with a Cloudcars prop on our C-85 poweredPiet. This was probably a result of having a poor choice of propeller and switchingto a better (best?) choice with the CC prop. But, even if the gain was50/50 due to these reasons, a 15-205% increase in climb is LOVERLY on a hotsummer day! Getting that type of performance increase out of any bolt-on mod forany mechanical system is pretty much the Holy Grail of tinkering.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Da Plane
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Da Plane

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Hofmann
The spar is traditional, original, right off plans. It's True Fir though, notDouglas which isn't a Fir anyway. 1" X 4 3/4"The pics show the jig used to rout the web areas. Routing is 1/4" deep.Done with a 1/2" half round bit. I believe there was seven poundsremoved in total.Clif>> I am intrigued by your spar construction. Could you describe it for me?>> Very nice build! :D>> --------> Andy Garrett> 'General Purpose Creative Dude'> Haysville, Kansas> ________________________________________________________________________________