Pietenpol-List: Aircamping

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: airlion
Got back from Sun N Fun today. Packed a tent, folding chair, and tiedowns in the wing center section and put the duffel in the front seat. I camped with Skip Gadd and Dick Navratil and was adopted by their group of woodworking volunteers. I doubt I'll fly in there again, but I'm glad I can cross it off mu "bucket list"Ben CharvetSent from my iPhone________________________________________________________________________________Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 17:44:20 -0700 (PDT)
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Aircamping

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Ben Charvet"
Was SNF at the South Pole this year?Ray Krause----- Original Message -----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ray Krause
Hello good people! Took myself out for a little "Aircamping" while we are having great weatherhere in the Ohio River Valley (for a change). Flew out to gorgeous LeeBottom, parked by the woods, threw out my bag under the wing, read for awhile, brewed up some dinner and hit the sack. Peaceful starry night untilthe winds kicked up in the wee hrs. woke up to some gnarly gusts, but theywere pretty much down my hometown runway so took off and had a beautifulsunrise flight home. There were 18kt gusts coming down the runway at home,so I maybe rolled 30ft?? or so it seemed... keep on building, it's worth it!!Douwe________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Clif Dawson"
Douwe,Way to good a life, Douwe! But you deserve it. Please keep it up and keep sending the reports. You and Gary Boothe keep me inspired.Thanks,Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On Oct 11, 2016, at 4:48 PM, Douwe Blumberg wrote:> > Hello good people! > > Took myself out for a little "Aircamping" while we are having great weather here in the Ohio River Valley (for a change). Flew out to gorgeous Lee Bottom, parked by the woods, threw out my bag under the wing, read for a while, brewed up some dinner and hit the sack. Peaceful starry night until the winds kicked up in the wee hrs. woke up to some gnarly gusts, but they were pretty much down my hometown runway so took off and had a beautiful sunrise flight home. There were 18kt gusts coming down the runway at home, so I maybe rolled 30ft?? or so it seemed...> > keep on building, it's worth it!!> > Douwe> > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Douwe Blumberg
Hi Douwe,Way to go! That would have been fun, there is something special about sleeping under the wing of your own aircraft!Thanks for posting.CheersMark Stanley