Any Piet Builders in Middle Tennessee?

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
theflyingfireman

Any Piet Builders in Middle Tennessee?

Post by theflyingfireman »

Hello Guys and Gals. Just joined the list and was wondering if there iare any Pietenpol builders in Middle Tennessee? I have had a set of original plans for almost 20 years that I bought from an older friend who bought them from Mr. Pietenpol in the 60's. I really would like to start building this fall and looking forward to getting to know some of you. I am also thinking of attending Air Venture this year which would be a first for me.
I have scratch built a Mini Max 1100R and a Team Airbike. Still have the Airbike. I'm really excited to get the saw dust flying again and to finally be a part to the Pietenpol community. Thanks, Mark Reed, Manchester Tn.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Re: Any Piet Builders in Middle Tennessee?

Post by Pat Weeden »

Hi Mark, If you're coming up to Airventure, see if you can schedule a stop at the Brodhead Pietenpol Reunion the weekend before, July 20-22. Lots of people to meet here with common interest.
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association
Tools

Post by Tools »

HI!

I'm down near Chattanooga if you ever get this way. While not an active builder, I do have a Piet here in the yard that flies regularly. Also have a decently equipped shop if you need any help,with about any part of the process. Of course the Piet is available for inspection, rides, what ever.

Mike "Tools" Danford, 423 580 1383
GrantZ

Post by GrantZ »

Hi, Mark

I am in Savannah, TN. Where are you located?

I have an "in progress" Pietenpol which I would part with reasonably if you would be interested.

Feel free to stop by if in this area.

Grant Ziebell
markc

Post by markc »

I am a flyer but did not build ( N799jk ) located Leitchfield ky 42754 around the mammoth cave area
jklemin

Post by jklemin »

Hey Mark, I am in the process of picking up the pieces of a previous start. I am located in Clarksville. My Piet now has the wings finished (3 piece). I am wintering in Sebring Fl so the plane is down here with me so I can work on it. I am in the process of re rigging everything (old wire that I didn't like). The PO had a C65 as an engine but I am going to go with a Corvair. The increase in HP for less $ than would cost to up grade to a 90 is the reason. i believe the effects of the work that WW and Dan have built into the engine makes it close to being on par with certified engines. Just keep expectations in line. At any rate I'll be back in Tn in April. We'll have to get together. Orifyou find yourself down here come on by. John