Wooden Prop??

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Riley

Wooden Prop??

Post by Riley »

Whilst I received a 68" WarpDrive HP prop with the dis-assembled and engineless Air Camper project that I took on about a year back, now that the new Corvair is installed, (haven't test flown yet) I want to acquire a 2-blade wood prop to compliment the aura of the aircraft however, my efforts to find a ccw 2-blade wood prop in Australia have been woefully unsuccessful. I can have a prop made in NZ for about (US)$1100 but am unable to specify the appropriate dia and pitch for the 100hp Corvair and am loathe to take a gamble on buying an unproven and possibly inefficient airscrew. Any chance a Pietenpol afficianado in the USA or Canada might have a good useable (Corvair-proven) wood prop hiding in their hangar that's surplus to their requirements? Happy to purchase and pick up packaging & shipping costs to OZ if anybody can assist. Standing by for a flood of offers Bob Shanks, Perth, Western Australia
ArthurD

Re: Wooden Prop??

Post by ArthurD »

I haven't ordered a prop yet but I'm tentatively planning on ordering mine from this company:

http://www.culverprops.com/CulverProps.html
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Riley; contact me off-list at taildrags@hotmail.com . See top picture here: http://www.flysquirrel.net/corvair/corvair.html . This Tennessee Props propeller is sized as per their recommendations and has not yet flown.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
Riley

Post by Riley »

Thanks Oscar. My delay in acknowledging your advice is resultant from our participating in a 2-week interstate vintage car rally. I'll shoot you an email forthwith. cheers Bob