Any Piet Flyers in WA state?

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Stroid

Any Piet Flyers in WA state?

Post by Stroid »

I just got a Piet and would love to fly with some others sometime. Anyone around Bremerton area?
taildrags

Re: Any Piet Flyers in WA state?

Post by taildrags »

Well, Jake Schultz in Issaquah is/was building a steel-tube frame Piet with a Rotec radial, but it's not flying yet and he's been AWOL from the list for awhile. I don't know of any others.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
Stroid

Post by Stroid »

Ah ok thanks. I just got N32BM, a O-290 powered beauty.
Attachments
00i0i_jkNPc1VYyEr_600x450.jpg
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Hey, nice airplane! Can't quite make out the graphics on the side of the fuselage. Got any other pix? And what size are your tires? I have 6.00x6s on my airplane right now but also have a set of 8s in the hangar that I'd like to put on it instead. I like the look of the slightly larger tires.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
Stroid

Post by Stroid »

These are 21x8.00x6 tires. They really roll over rough ground and sticks nicely.
The decals said Ulrika Trans Global. They are removed though. Wasn't a big fan of that.

I would love some big spoked old fashioned tires. One day...
Pietenpolcat1

Post by Pietenpolcat1 »

There are a number of Piet guys in Western Washington. If fact, a few of us are visiting Jake's project on Saturday, November 16th. I realize that Issaquah is a ways from Bremerton, but hey!.....It's to look at a Pietenpol. Join us if you can. About noon. Call me for directions at 425-293-8011. Text is even better.
Stroid

Post by Stroid »

Nice! Ok will call you. Thxs for the invite!