Alaska Project

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
mbarkeralaska

Alaska Project

Post by mbarkeralaska »

Hi folks.
Mark Barker here in Alaska. I "absorbed" an already started Pietenpol project, so diving into things, and learning. The fuselage is basically complete, but has a bit of hanger/sitting around damage that needs repair. It is the long version so that is good, for me a taller guy. The tail feathers are all done and completed and verthaned. About half the ribs are made, but I find that the spar spacing is a bit off, so will need to adjust that. Some of the metal pieces are made, but more work on that.

I am going over all the plans and double checking everything to see where I am at. And see how accurate the previous builders were. Should be a fun winter project.

I have already built a few other homebuilts, so I think I know some of the issues. So far have done a Bearhawk, 2 LongEz, and my Christen Eagle. And have also rebuilt a few Cub/Pacer series. Kind of the typical Alaska story. I am also an AP/IA and a local DAR-T/F............. I have been reading up on a lot of all the previous posts. But will probably have a ton of questions.
I will learn how to post some pictures to this group.
Should be fun..........
Mark