Pietenpol-List: lodging

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: lodging

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
Hi Tom,Thanks for your strut drawing. It's very similar to the way Jack Watson has done his with the exception that he has no welding. He has simply put the end fittings in place with bolts and washers on the inside to spread the fittings.I've now sanded the fuselage twice and painted the primer for the third time. It's pretty smooth, but I'm debating sanding again. All other parts have been prime twice and sanded once. This sure is a lot of work. Last night I've started top prime one wing. First I prime over the tapes to help blend in the edges, then the remainer. I can't sand the edges as if nitrate dope was used because my tapes are glued down with a latex glue. This would ruin the integrity of the glue joint of the tape and would most likely start to lift at the edges.I haven't performed any test as yet with the nitrate over the blue river primer. I'm still holding my breath on that one. I hope it works out othewrwise I'm out $480.00 CDN.Anyway whether you drive or fly I'll have my trailer there and you are welcome to stay with me. My family can't come this year. Cristina has to study for finals. I decided not to fly I feel guilty taking the plane for the weekend and not having put any maintenance effort into it while a new member has done a lot. However he may fly to Brussels for the day. Check with Earl on those gears before you come up.Regards,Dom. ________________________________________________________________________________