Pietenpol-List: Re: Spars -Reply

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: grhans(at)freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
It is uncertified. We looked it over closely and didn't find any defects thatwould make it unusable for spars.On an unrelated topic, last Friday we went searching for motorcycle rimsat the local boneyard. Our hubs are built to Howard Henderson's planswith 40 spoke holes. At the junkyard, 40 hole rims were very rare. Aftersearching for two hours in a mosquito infested back lot we finally found apair of matching 19", 40 hole, alloy rims. My advice to anyone building their own hubs would be to drill them for 36spokes. That is a MUCH more common rim.Greg Cardinal>>> John Kahn 09/12/97 12:18pm >>>Have you inspected the boards for compression failures, Greg? I'massuming it's uncertified wood.John________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Greg Cardinal
It is uncertified. We looked it over closely and didn't find any defects thatwould make it unusable for spars.On an unrelated topic, last Friday we went searching for motorcycle rimsat the local boneyard. Our hubs are built to Howard Henderson's planswith 40 spoke holes. At the junkyard, 40 hole rims were very rare. Aftersearching for two hours in a mosquito infested back lot we finally found apair of matching 19", 40 hole, alloy rims. My advice to anyone building their own hubs would be to drill them for 36spokes. That is a MUCH more common rim.Greg Cardinal>>> John Kahn 09/12/97 12:18pm >>>Have you inspected the boards for compression failures, Greg? I'massuming it's uncertified wood.John________________________________________________________________________________