Pietenpol-List: Re: Corvair dynamo

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gordon Brimhall
Doug:Bill Bainbridge is the mechanical genius you probably read about who has been unfairly targeted by the FAA (call me if you want to know what these letters really stand for) the last two years or so. In short, an Alaskan pilot, on his own initiative, installed one of Bill's excellent but non-STC'ed alternators in a Cessna bushplane. He got busted during an annual inspection and the feds backtracked the whole thing to Newton, KS. Bill is a 110% up and up ethical businessman. He has always made it very clear when one of his designs is not certified for anything outside of experimental use. Most of the accessories on Rutan's Voyager were designed and built by Bill. He just received a hard won STC on a backup alternator system for the Bonanza A-36 w/ our aircraft as the testbed. My point is that the experimental community is indebted to him for many quality contributions and he should be supported. You may have seen this permanent magnet induction dynamo line at his OSH booth or at Sun 'n Fun. I will pull up specifics on this (output/weight/dimensions) w/ B&C's address and post them if the group so desires. Thanks.Joe________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "D.J.H."
Not familiar with this idea and would appreciate any additional info.Thanks in advance.Warren________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Joe & Marian Beck
Thanks Joe will look forwad to seeing the specs on the unit. Doug
matronics

> Re: Corvair dynamo

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
> > Doug:> Bill Bainbridge is the mechanical genius you probably read about who has > been unfairly targeted by the FAA (call me if you want to know what > these letters really stand for) the last two years or so. In short, an > Alaskan pilot, on his own initiative, installed one of Bill's excellent > but non-STC'ed alternators in a Cessna bushplane. He got busted during > an annual inspection and the feds backtracked the whole thing to Newton, > KS. Bill is a 110% up and up ethical businessman. He has always made > it very clear when one of his designs is not certified for anything > outside of experimental use. Most of the accessories on Rutan's Voyager > were designed and built by Bill. He just received a hard won STC on a > backup alternator system for the Bonanza A-36 w/ our aircraft as the > testbed. My point is that the experimental community is indebted to him > for many quality contributions and he should be supported. You may have > seen this permanent magnet induction dynamo line at his OSH booth or at > Sun 'n Fun. I will pull up specifics on this (output/weight/dimensions) > w/ B&C's address and post them if the group so desires. > Thanks.> Joe________________________________________________________________________________