Pietenpol-List: Pietenpol for Sale

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Richard Navratril"
Due to financial needs, I need to get rid of a couple of my projects.I have a Pietenpol(GN-1) project for sale. All wood parts of theaircraft are complete, tail feathers, wings, fuselage and a mosthardware components including landing gear, gas tank and most of thecowl. It does need control cable, lift struts and wheels put on beforecovering. I'm asking $4000 with a Lycoming O-145 engine and mount orwould take offers without the engine. I also have two motorcycle spokedwheels that I was going to use on the Piet.I also have a Ford Model A engine that has been torn down and inspectedbut not yet converted and all parts are included. I'm asking $250 forthe A engine. Here are links to pictures of the Pietenpol.http://www.gregyotz.com/hanger.htmGreg YotzBurlington, KS________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jake Nichols"
To all the Pietenpol People:Reluctantly, I have decided to sell my pride and joy "Mountain Piet"I live in Colorado at an elevation of about 7000 feet and wanted a plane whichwould duplicate the performance of a Super Cub at this altitude.I built a Pietenpol Air Camper from the original plans, but rather than using aModel A engine as in the original, used a turbocharged Subaru engine.The results have been fantastic! I have had the Pietenpol as high as 15,300 feetand still had a healthy rate of climb. The measured rate of climb at 10,000feet is over 1,100 fpm and the angle of the climb is awesome.The reason that I am selling the plane is my age, (77 years), combined with thefact that our flying season here is short for an open cockpit plane. This planeshould really be in a warmer climate combined with a high density environment.If you are interested and want more information about "Mountain Piet", Oscar Zunigavisited me last summer and took photos of the plane, then went home and madea presentation on his website about it. You can log on to this at :http://www.flysquirrel.net/piets/John_piet.htmlI am going to ask $19,500 for the plane and might dicker just a little. If youare really serious about buying, then I will fly it back to the Pietenpol Reunionin Brodhead Wisc.later this month. Please don't ask me to fly it 1100 milesunless you are serious buyer!John DilatushSalida, Colorado(719) 539-3991________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Pietenpol for Sale

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ryan Mueller
Our local airport Kittie Hill (77T) Austin TX has been sold and closed to make room for 500 houses.I need to sell my Pietenpol ;-)I put it on Barnstormers - I can't seem to get a direct URL for the sale but if you search you will find:PIETENPOL AIR CAMPER A-65 LSA $9,995I think t is worth more than that but I have to get it out of 77T before the end of the month...Thanx,Kevin McDonaldAustin TXp.s. I prefer email for initial contacts:ktm_for_sale(at)yahoo.com ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:04:30 -0600Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Pietenpol for Sale
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
Ok Mike, We'll say in touch. As you know, weather can really be a problem on myside of the hill that time of year. It alone could push me into a Sat. departure.I will also talk to the French Valley guys to see if they want to tryagain this year.--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 16:00:07 -0600Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Pietenpol for Sale
matronics

Post by matronics »

Yes, it is a sad day for for the expansion of Austin but a great opportunity for someone to get into a very fine Pietenpol.This airplane has soul...Buy it...9K cash and carryRunning out of timeKevin
matronics

Post by matronics »

Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Pietenpol for Sale
matronics

Post by matronics »

Sure thing.Kevin
matronics

Post by matronics »

Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Pietenpol for Sale
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Pietenpol for Sale

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "womenfly2"
Thanks Douwe! If you are interested in selling it, send me an email with a picture,price, and location.My brother-in-law is a supply chain negotiator for Beechcraft here in town. Hewas impressed with my recent engine purchase and turned me on to a fellow homebuilderwho just happens to be the local Continental rep. I'll run those numberby him to see what he thinks.I'm not in hurry, but I don't want to miss an opportunity. :)--------Andy Garrett'General Purpose Creative Dude'Haysville, KansasRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Pietenpol for Sale