Pietenpol-List: Pietenpol Air Camper for sale in Michigan

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Pietenpol Air Camper for sale in Michigan

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "cybrdweeb"
I know I am leaving myself wide open to a bunch of "well it really depends..."type of responses, but it is still worth asking.What is the Total Build Cost?I know this # is all over the place in kit builds so I can only imagine for a scratchbuilt project. When I bought the plans I heard a lot of $10,000 talk (fromother sources). I figured that was a bit optimistic, but figured maybe $15,000was realistic. Now I am hearing #'s closer to 25k for the build. Thiswouldn't necessarily kill the project, but it may be a cause for reconsideration.I have a lot of tools and access to even more so that should not be a problem.This is what I am planning on building...-steel tube fuselage (looks to be a bit more expensive, but not much)-0200 or C85 (serviceable, but maybe not a lot of life before TBO left)-spruce for the wood (ACS sourced)I appreciate anyone's input. You can contact me off the forum too if you wouldrather. Thanks,MikePrunedale, CAmike(at)seatec.usRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Pietenpol Air Camper for sale in Michigan