Pietenpol-List: Fuselage Width

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "john francis"
There are a few corvair specific yards here in az. Also craigslist in Phoenixaz has a few around 150.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Fuselage Width
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
I am about to join the two sides of my fuselage together. I found the width dimensionsin the orginal plans but not for the extended fuselage (supplementaryplans). How did you all determine what they are?John--------John FrancisRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ttachments: http://forums.matronics.com//files/fuse ... __________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Fuselage Width

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
He only changed the length, and the location of the uprights and diag's.Width stayed the same.Gary BootheNX308MB-----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Width

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
Thanks Gary, Ill look at that in the morning. Im in for the night.John--------John FrancisRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Width

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of john francis
...but you are right, no width dimension is given on the supplemental...Gary BootheNX308MB-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Harvey Plummer"
HeyAnybody coming to the heritage fly in at moraine airpark in Dayton?Gonna have great weather. I just arrived, come on down you ohio boys!!DouweSent from my iPhone________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Fuselage Width
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "bdewenter"
John,I don't know how my subscription stands, please let me know. As far as mailing, I am happy with this email version and really don't need the paper version. I go back and forth to Florida in the winter and forget to tell you the new address. Don't bother sending me the paper, just the email version.Tim WhiteSpringfield, OhioOn 8/9/2015 10:38 PM, John Hofmann wrote:> While waiting for the mailed version of the newsletter, here is a pdf copy foryour use.>> Thanks to the people who beta tested the new website. I have a few bugs to workout and may tap you again before we launch. Working on the next issue so ifyou have an Dick Navratil or Billy McCaskill stories, here is your last chanceto get them in.>> Best,> -john-________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Width
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
Harvey,Look at the plans very carefully and the answer is - it does not matter. I useda full 24" wide floor panel and used it as my fuselage glue up guide. and tookit 24" wide all the way to the pilots seat back.William Wynn (or anyone for that matter) can have an engine mount made for thefull 24" or slightly less wide. His welding jig is already adjustable for thisscenario.--------Bob 'Early Builder' DewenterDayton OHRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Width

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage WidthAnyone know anything about the Bradford sideby side version of the Piet SkyScout? It is mentioned in the BPA newsletter with an ad that mentionsplans.Not planning anything, just interested.-- Blue Skies,Steve D________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: BPA Newsletter PDF

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Hofmann
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: BPA Newsletter PDFJim, I would also like to simply get my BPA newsletter by email . I thinkthat would save you a lot of envelope licking.BTW, I enjoyed the Newsletter.Blue Skies,Steve DOn Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Tim White wrote:>> John,>> I don't know how my subscription stands, please let me know. As far as> mailing, I am happy with this email version and really don't need the paper> version. I go back and forth to Florida in the winter and forget to tell> you the new address. Don't bother sending me the paper, just the email> version.>> Tim White> Springfield, Ohio>>> On 8/9/2015 10:38 PM, John Hofmann wrote:>>> While waiting for the mailed version of the newsletter, here is a pdf>> copy for your use.>>>> Thanks to the people who beta tested the new website. I have a few bugs>> to work out and may tap you again before we launch. Working on the next>> issue so if you have an Dick Navratil or Billy McCaskill stories, here is>> your last chance to get them in.>>>> Best,>> -john->>>>-- Blue Skies,Steve D________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: BPA Newsletter PDF
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "echobravo4"
Hi Tim,Part of the new website will be a pdf archive and an opt out of the paper version.Best,-john-> On Aug 10, 2015, at 7:34 AM, Tim White wrote:> > > John,> > I don't know how my subscription stands, please let me know. As far as mailing,I am happy with this email version and really don't need the paper version.I go back and forth to Florida in the winter and forget to tell you the newaddress. Don't bother sending me the paper, just the email version.> > Tim White> Springfield, Ohio> > On 8/9/2015 10:38 PM, John Hofmann wrote:>> While waiting for the mailed version of the newsletter, here is a pdf copy foryour use.>> >> Thanks to the people who beta tested the new website. I have a few bugs to workout and may tap you again before we launch. Working on the next issue so ifyou have an Dick Navratil or Billy McCaskill stories, here is your last chanceto get them in.>> >> Best,>> -john-> > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Width
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Ryan Mueller"
Kyle might know-517-663-3083--------Earl BrownI may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where Iintended to be.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Width
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter PDF

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "pjb"
You may certainly do what you'd like, but insofar as answering your question, ifyou reference Drawing No. 1 (the sheet with the various fuselage views), andlook at the third view down (Inside Constructional View Of Fuselage), you shouldsee a note at the 22" width measurement at the rear seat back:"All Measurements To Outside Of Plywood"Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter PDF
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Width

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Charles N. Campbell"
Hello,I've been trying to join the BPA for years !Every so often, I send an email to the website asking for infoon joining and payment method [ I live in Canada] butso far, there has been no reply.Could anyone give me an email address that will reply to me !I used to have a Pietenpol years ago and am now about tohave the final inspection done on my current Piet.Cheers,PatriciaRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:58:54 -0400Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Width
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter PDF

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Charles N. Campbell"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter PDF
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter PDF

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "jarheadpilot82"
The plans are a bit like a jeppesen approach plate.... TONS of info in there, easyto miss something.That quarter inch isn't going to matter. If you haven't drilled any of the fittings,when you do, start with undersized holes and step them up to proper sizewith all the pieces together. Basically cut to fit as you go if that makessense. It'll keep thing more aligned and make life easier during assembly.ToolsRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter PDF
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ray Krause
John,Am I reading this correctly - the current issue says "4th Quarter, 2014"? I guessthat is why I paid for a 2 year subscription last fall, but have yet to seean issue sent to my home address.I have written you several emails about my subscription but I have not heard fromyou, so I see no other option but to write you via the forum. Could you pleaseexplain to me and to the other subscribers as to what your plan is to getthe newsletter back on a regular, more scheduled track?I appreciate it.And in case my previous emails went to your spam folder - 1750 Autumn ParkStatham GA 30666-3636--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter PDF

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Hofmann
Patricia,Please send us some info on your Pietenpol, we need to know!Thanks,Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On Aug 11, 2015, at 10:57 AM, pjb wrote:> > > Hello,> > I've been trying to join the BPA for years !> > Every so often, I send an email to the website asking for info> on joining and payment method [ I live in Canada] but> so far, there has been no reply.> > Could anyone give me an email address that will reply to me !> > I used to have a Pietenpol years ago and am now about to> have the final inspection done on my current Piet.> > Cheers,> Patricia> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 829#445829> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter PDF
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
Yes I am behind. As I have stated in the past, there are 600 plus subscribers andno one sending in any content or articles. Until the last few weeks when JackPhillips sent me a few articles and Douwe beat the bushes for content, I havereceived basically nothing.I now have a bit of content and plan to put another issue out in September andevery two months until caught up. Everyone will get what they have paid for andmost will get a couple of extra issues since I am behind.My records have you being sent three paper issues since you subscribed. If youhave not received the first two, I will send them out to you on Monday when Iam back in the office. Since the current issue is still making its way throughthe bulk mail mule train, I need to wait a couple more weeks before I send thatone out first class. Best,-john-> On Aug 11, 2015, at 5:03 PM, jarheadpilot82 wrote:> > > John,> > Am I reading this correctly - the current issue says "4th Quarter, 2014"? I guessthat is why I paid for a 2 year subscription last fall, but have yet to seean issue sent to my home address.> > I have written you several emails about my subscription but I have not heardfrom you, so I see no other option but to write you via the forum. Could you pleaseexplain to me and to the other subscribers as to what your plan is to getthe newsletter back on a regular, more scheduled track?> > I appreciate it.> > And in case my previous emails went to your spam folder - > > 1750 Autumn Park> Statham GA 30666-3636> > --------> Semper Fi,> > Terry Hand> Athens, GA> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 841#445841> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 11:47:35 +0000 (UTC)