Pietenpol-List: Gary Boothe Arrives!!!! West Coast Pietenpol Gathering

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Gary Boothe Arrives!!!! West Coast Pietenpol Gathering

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Cuy, Michael D. (GRC-LME0)[Vantage Partners, LLC]"
What a great report on your West Coast Gathering Chris Tracy and the photos and videos were excellent!Way to go Gary in making that milestone trip after two years. I can only imagine how GOOD it felt after you landed at Frazier Lakewhen you were taxiing in. From past experience I would say that you slept like a rock that evening.What a pleasure it is to be able to see what is going on way across the country from us in the Pietenpol world and to have met some of youguys in person and via the Pietenpol list.Mike C.Ohio________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Fwd: Pietenpol-List: Gary Boothe Arrives!!!! West Coast Pietenpol Gathering

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pietenpol-li
> > Thanks, Mike! Chris did a great job of cataloging the event, which, for my part, I dedicated to Kevin & Shelley, who went to great effort to witness my failed attempt 2 years ago. So far, at Los Banos Airport, I have 3 landings and 2 take-offs.haven=99t figured out how to even the score! Chris was great company as I nervously spent 2 =C2=BD hrs waiting for the call from the ground crew at Frazier Lake. It was a small mountain range to cross, but I wanted to time it to make the flight before the winds picked up, and after the fog had burnt off. It turned out to be very smooth> > The first picture is taken about 6:15am. Glass smooth air. That lasted about 1 1/2 hrs, then...WHAM! The hand of God woke me up! In my haste to get my hand back on the throttle, I bumped the coil switch to OFF...everything went silent, except the wind! Gotta get a guard on that switch. The second pic is proof that my Piet finally made it to a grass strip...a very pleasant experience for us pavement guys. The Frazier Lake airport flies the Flag 24/7...nice touch. I> Chris made a good report. A bit disappointing about the Piet turn out, but we had builders from Bend, OR, Casper, WY, and Flagstaff. I was especially glad to finally see my Piet next to Mike Groah's, as he finished his only a few months prior to mine. Gary BootheNX308MBSent from my iPad> >
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Dick Navratil - Gone West

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
Marcus; I honestly don't even remember if Dick returned my Muktuk float plans tome or not, but I'll check the hangar next time I'm there. The floats are madeof plywood but I don't remember the material callout and thickness. I believeit was all metric thickness marine grade.I, too, am building skin-on-frame kayaks from plans... a pair of Dave Gentry's Chuckanut 12s. I got the frames all cut out and all the stringer material ripped last fall, but then I got too busy to continue so kayak #1 sits as a keel on the strongback on a pair of sawhorses, stations marked, and a set of frames just clamped in place. A few photos on my website at http://flysquirrel.net/boats/framing.html if you're interested.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Gary Boothe Arrives!!!! West Coast Pietenpol Gathering

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>> owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pietenpol-l
Gary,I'm so pleased you made it to Frazier Lake, sorry I did not! But I will make it someday. Great pictures from both you and Chris and great commentaries. I'm sorry I missed it.Ray Sent from my iPad> On Jun 8, 2015, at 9:07 AM, Gary Boothe wrote:> >> >> Thanks, Mike! Chris did a great job of cataloging the event, which, for my part, I dedicated to Kevin & Shelley, who went to great effort to witness my failed attempt 2 years ago. So far, at Los Banos Airport, I have 3 landings and 2 take-offs.haven=99t figured out how to even the score! Chris was great company as I nervously spent 2 =C2=BD hrs waiting for the call from the ground crew at Frazier Lake. It was a small mountain range to cross, but I wanted to time it to make the flight before the winds picked up, and after the fog had burnt off. It turned out to be very smooth>> >> The first picture is taken about 6:15am. Glass smooth air. That lasted about 1 1/2 hrs, then...WHAM! The hand of God woke me up! In my haste to get my hand back on the throttle, I bumped the coil switch to OFF...everything went silent, except the wind! Gotta get a guard on that switch. The second pic is proof that my Piet finally made it to a grass strip...a very pleasant experience for us pavement guys. The Frazier Lake airport flies the Flag 24/7...nice touch. I> >> Chris made a good report. A bit disappointing about the Piet turn out, but we had builders from Bend, OR, Casper, WY, and Flagstaff. I was especially glad to finally see my Piet next to Mike Groah's, as he finished his only a few months prior to mine. > > Gary Boothe> NX308MB> > Sent from my iPad>> >>
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Gary Boothe Arrives!!!! West Coast Pietenpol Gathering

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
You were missed, Ray. BTW =93 In case you are reluctant to land your beautiful Waiex on the grass, they have a handy-dandy paved taxiway that serves both purposes.Gary BootheNX308MB
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Gary Boothe Arrives!!!! West Coast Pietenpol Gathering

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Glen Burkholder"
________________________________________________________________________________Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 14:32:02 +0000