Bill Rewey

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Bill Rewey

Post by Pat Weeden » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:28 pm

For those who knew him, Bill Rewey of Verona, Wisconsin passed away yesterday, February 11, 2019. He was known by many as Mr. Pietenpol.

More information as it becomes available. For now, here is an article from Midwest Flyer, dated 2011.

https://midwestflyer.com/?p=3065

Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association

danoliver

Re: Bill Rewey

Post by danoliver » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:33 pm

I did not know Bill but have certainly benefited from his writings and his his service to our nation. Thank you Bill.

taildrags

Post by taildrags » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 pm

I'm sure this is very premature, but has anyone talked with the family about the possibility of continuing to make Bill's packet of "idea drawings" that he used to sell? They are great. I've misplaced the set that I've had for a number of years and wish I could get another.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC

Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Post by Pat Weeden » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:33 pm

About a year ago, Bill gave all of his "packet" stuff to the BPA. He said we could continue to sell it or use the individual articles in the newsletter. I'm inclined to do the latter and have included a few of them in recent newsletters.
taildrags wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 pm
I'm sure this is very premature, but has anyone talked with the family about the possibility of continuing to make Bill's packet of "idea drawings" that he used to sell? They are great. I've misplaced the set that I've had for a number of years and wish I could get another.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC
Pat Weeden, Site Admin

RonTurner

Post by RonTurner » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:36 pm

When I contacted Bill about restoring his first Piet ( N2094 ) his advise, help, support and stories were priceless to me. I tried my best to attend Broadhead last July so Bill could see her again but the weather just wouldn't allow it. He would call out of the blue and advise me of things to check or do and why. I'll miss those calls. His willingness to help made me feel very confident about the entire project. He will always be one of my best memories. What Bill has past on to us all will not be forgotten as long as Piets fly. Blue skies my friend. Forever grateful, Ron Turner

at7000ft

Post by at7000ft » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:18 pm

I used several of Bill's Pietenpol mods on my Piet including the three foot center section and side-mounted brake petals. All are excellent upgrades. I talked with Bill several times at Brodhead when he would 'commute' down in his Piet from Verona during the annual get together. Bill didn't do email so I hand wrote him questions a couple times and he always replied (that is probably the last time I hand wrote a letter to anyone). I feel very lucky to have known Bill, he will be missed.

Rick H

Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Post by Pat Weeden » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:48 pm

Does anyone have a photo of Bill Rewey's Pietenpol, NX17WR, in flight?
Pat Weeden, Site Admin

taildrags

Post by taildrags » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:32 am

Surely there must be-??!! Bill gave so many rides to so many people! Bill must have been in the big formation flight of Piets from what, the 75th anniversary? The 80th-?