New forum

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Don Youngblood

New forum

Post by Don Youngblood »

Thanks to Pat Weeden and the Brodhead Airport friends who are starting this new forum. I have enjoyed - and been assisted by - the Matronics site, and even dabbled with the Facebook site, but this "by Pieters", "of Pieters", and "for Pieters" seems like a better way to keep the communications focused. Considering the age and varying accuracy of Piet plans, clear and well-vetted correspondence within the community is of inestimable value. Thanks also to Matt Dralle for assisting this effort.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Re: New forum

Post by Pat Weeden »

planes&bikes wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:15 am Thanks to Pat Weeden and the Brodhead Airport friends who are starting this new forum. I have enjoyed - and been assisted by - the Matronics site, and even dabbled with the Facebook site, but this "by Pieters", "of Pieters", and "for Pieters" seems like a better way to keep the communications focused. Considering the age and varying accuracy of Piet plans, clear and well-vetted correspondence within the community is of inestimable value. Thanks also to Matt Dralle for assisting this effort.
Thanks for the "Thanks". I have yet to receive a reply from Matt Dralle about archiving the Matronics content here for posterity. If anybody know of a way to get to him, please let me know.

Pat Weeden
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association
Jeff Boatright

Post by Jeff Boatright »

Hi Pat,

Thanks for putting this together. I look forward to the next phase of the BPA!
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

OK. I'm on board the new and improved Coffee table.
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Gentlemen (and Pat), perhaps a short tutorial would be in order. Nothing big but Here is how to get to a discussion, Here is how to get to photos. Here is how to post and so on.

I am a Luddite (Member #1) of the first order.

Steve D.
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

I am not a Luddite, but I'm still snooping around to figure out how things work here too. I'm used to seeing the icon next to a forum topic be a distinctive color, or blinking, or some other way to let me know there is a new post or posts in that topic thread that I have not read yet. Same for new topics. I don't see any way to identify new things without examining each thread or looking at the latest posting date in a thread to see if I can remember if that's before or after the last time I checked. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to organize the threads by how recent the posts are in them. Pretty soon when there are dozens of topics on the forum, I'll have to scroll down through them to see when the latest post was for each topic. On a busy forum, this will consume much more time than I care to spend here. I sure hope I'm missing something!

Also, about Matt Dralle. He had health issues a year or 18 months ago, pretty serious I understand, and I didn't think he was going to continue running Matronics but he has. I guess he's OK but I never heard... I just assumed that when things continued moving along on Matronics and he held the usual fund-raiser in November, things were back to normal. However, I private messaged him about moving my little "Squirrel Net" and website to Matronics but never got a response so that's that and I gave up trying to contact him. Not sure what's up.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Post by Pat Weeden »

taildrags wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:48 pm I am not a Luddite, but I'm still snooping around to figure out how things work here too. I'm used to seeing the icon next to a forum topic be a distinctive color, or blinking, or some other way to let me know there is a new post or posts in that topic thread that I have not read yet. Same for new topics. I don't see any way to identify new things without examining each thread or looking at the latest posting date in a thread to see if I can remember if that's before or after the last time I checked. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to organize the threads by how recent the posts are in them. Pretty soon when there are dozens of topics on the forum, I'll have to scroll down through them to see when the latest post was for each topic. On a busy forum, this will consume much more time than I care to spend here. I sure hope I'm missing something!
In order to see colored icons indicating new topics, you must be logged in. Be sure to click the Remember Me box when you login to you don't have to do it on every visit.

Also, you can click the Subscribe link at the bottom of any forum out topic to receive an e-mail when there is a new post.
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

Pat, can we add some links to other things like the flybaby, West Coast Piets, and/or the UK Piets?
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Post by Pat Weeden »

Steve D wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:51 am Pat, can we add some links to other things like the flybaby, West Coast Piets, and/or the UK Piets?
Certainly! I'll add them on the main website.
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

I will certainly second the motions that Steve mentioned. The Flybaby site is a real treasure chest of information and reference material, so is Westcoastpiet. The UK Piet site has some really nice photos and other good information, but some of it is only available if you're a member. Good call!
aircampern11ms

Post by aircampern11ms »

Hello Pieter's,

I made the move over here and still lurking on the old site in case there are anymore lost soles over there.

Cheers,
Steve D

Post by Steve D »

The only thing I really miss about the old Matronics list is seeing Pietenpol emails everytime I open my email. I delighted in opening emails that might teach me something new about a subject.

This forum takes effort on my part, and I am essentially lazy. I like to be spoonfed.

I have to remind myself to come here.

Is there any way to send an Email prompt when a new subject pops up on this forum?

Steve "the lazy one" D.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Post by Pat Weeden »

Steve D wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:48 am Is there any way to send an Email prompt when a new subject pops up on this forum?
I am working on a modification that will allow e-mail notifications.
Pat Weeden, Site Admin