Marv Tomlinson Model A Parts

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Marv Tomlinson Model A Parts

Post by Pat Weeden »

Hi All, I received the following message at BPA HQ a few days ago. Can anybody help this gentleman?
Several years ago my brother Marv Tomlinson from Old Time Auto Parts sold some Model A engines to your club for your Pietenpol airplanes. I am building a RC model of a Pietenpol and would like to build it after one of the planes that he supplied an engine for. I have made a trip up to the EAA museum and took several pictures of the Pietenpol up there as well as several different pictures from online that I have found. But I would really like to model it after one of yours. If you remember Marv and what planes the engines went in I would like to take some pictures so I would know what the paint scheme is. If the planes are not nearby in WI could some pictures be sent to me?

Thank you in advance
Kenton Tomlinson
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association
taildrags

Re: Marv Tomlinson Model A Parts

Post by taildrags »

Pat; a quick search of the Matronics archives didn't turn up a single hit on 'Tomlinson', and the only hits on 'Marv' were on things like "Marvel Mystery Oil" or other Marvs. He may have never been a pilot, although a search of the FAA registry turned up a Piper J3C, N2167M, registered to Marvin D. Tomlinson. Probably no connection. This may come down to Piet old-timers remembering those engines and maybe where they went. Any chance of you putting something in the next Newsletter about this?