Experimental Insurance

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Experimental Insurance

Post by Pat Weeden »

Received via e-mail at BPA HQ:
Can you please advise who might specialize in the Insurance of an Experimental.
jocatgo@cox.net
or text 870-365-9692
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association
Richard Roller

Re: Experimental Insurance

Post by Richard Roller »

I use Global Aerospace Insurance. It's about $450 per year for the Piet. That covers the minimum that the city airport where it's based requires, so they will let me hanger it there. Basic medical for passengers, etc.. NO airframe coverage.
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

I, too, have my coverage through Global (well, actually through Falcon Insurance out of Kerrville TX, but Global is the underwriter). Liability only, and I pay one Federal Reserve Note per day for my coverage on 41CC... $365/year for $1M liability. Same as Richard, I've got the minimum required by the airport authority for hangar renters on the field, primarily because ours is tower-controlled with regularly-scheduled commercial flights by Delta, United, Alaska, and Allegiant and if my Piet decides to jump in front of one of those guys, you know it won't just be a smile and a handshake. Same thing if my Piet decides to go chase one of the big shiny jobs from Jet Center, which is right next door to my row of hangars, or a Bell or Sikorski from Erickson Aircrane, also directly adjoining, you know who's going to win the match.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
Richard Roller

Post by Richard Roller »

I get mine through Falcon Insurance in Kerrville also.