center section questions

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
j_dunavin

center section questions

Post by j_dunavin »

Getting ready to start the center section and would like to ask you guys for some tips on the center section and thing to look out for.
I really like the idea of building it wider than the plans, and of course shortening the wings by that amount.
I see in the archives that someone had done so, and though someone could chime on on the details of that.

"Pietenpol-List: Re: Center section
Post by matronics » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:35 pm

Original Posted By: "Dangerous Dave"
Scott=2C it's been a long time since I did that=2C and I have no idea where my plans are now=2C but I recall being stumped by the same problem. Here is a picture of my centersection construction that might give you a clue as to what I did. I know I modified the design of the fittings to clear that bolt. My centersection is also 6" wider than plans to allow more room for fuel.Hope this helps=2CJack PhillipsNX899JP =93Icarus Plummet=94Raleigh NC________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Center section"
Richard Roller

Re: center section questions

Post by Richard Roller »

I have seen several Piets with 3 ft center sections. Personally, that is what I plan for my project. Which, I admit, has not been started.