Prop Plate Cover

For Sale and Wanted ads for Pietenpol related items may be posted here. Please remember to manage your ads when your items are sold.
Lownslow

Prop Plate Cover

Post by Lownslow »

I'm thinking about having a number of prop cover plates made with an acid etched design on the surface. This is just a thin cover plate meant to be used over a standard steel or aluminum prop plate. The diameter will be around 6" and made for a SAE-1 bolt pattern as used on a corvair prop hub. I need to run at least 25 of these to make it worthwhile. The cost is about $10 each. If there is enough interest I will have these made. Just send me a pm at lmforge at earthlink.net if interested. The attached picture is a paper print of the graphic taped to the front of my Piet/corvair. The plate will be marked for the prop bolt holes but will not be drilled or cut out. I want to get these done before Brodhead so I'll need to hear from those interested soon.

Rick Schreiber
NX478RS
Valparaiso, IN
prop-plate.jpg
yellowing

Re: Prop Plate Cover

Post by yellowing »

Rick....love the prop plate cover and would like to buy one.....tried to get ya on earthlink.net but couldnt get through.....yellowwing
Lownslow

Post by Lownslow »

I now have the quote in for the prop cover plate. The plates will be 0.020" aluminum 6.5" square. The plates are not cut out, but have the outer circle cut mark printed as well as the locator x-hairs for the SAE-1 prop bolt pattern.

The cost is more than I had originally stated. The cost will be $25.00 each plus $7.00 shipping by USPS priority mail, which usually takes about 3 days or less anywhere in the US. I am planning on only running 25 of these and when they're gone they're gone. As for payment, I can process credit cards over the phone, but the easiest way is for Me to send you an E-bill through PayPal. You can either pay with PayPal if you have a PayPal account, or pay with your credit card if you don't have a PayPal account. As before if you need to contact me my email address is lmforge at earthlink.net. Just let me know.

Regards,
Rick Schreiber
Lownslow

Post by Lownslow »

The Pietenpol prop cover plates are done and ready for shipment. The total cost is $25.00 plus $7.00 priority mail shipping for a total charge of $32.00.
I have already notified those that pre-ordered. If anyone else wants one, you need to order soon as the supply is going fast. Those who pre-ordered and want to pick up at Brodhead, don't worry I have these reserved.
Rick Schreiber
NX478RS
MaqFen

Prop Plate Cover

Post by MaqFen »

Has anyone replaced the engine info plate on the valve cover and if so how did you get it engraved / stamped with the info. ? thanks - george
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

I assume you're referring to the Ford Model A engine, the side plate that covers the pushrod/valve spring gallery?