A call for photos

Share photos of your Pietenpol, whether complete or project.
Brian Amato

A call for photos

Post by Brian Amato »

Hey guys, I'm very much involved in Model A Fords and I write a few articles each year for both "The Restorer" and "Model A News" magazines. The staff of "The Restorer" have asked me to write a photo story about the the history of the Pietenpol and the Model A engine that powered it.
I'm about done with the article but I'd like some nice photos to go along with it. I can't send them a pic of my Aircamper because it's not done yet. I can send them some construction photos but I'd like some quality photos of completed Piets. I always send them more than they can use and they cull thru what I send and use what they think works.
So....please consider sending me some nice, color photos of Piets, yours, others, what ever you think you have that would work well in a magazine article. Photos that clearly show a Model A engine mounted up front would be great. I'll see that you get a photo credit.
Here's my email address:
kwesting2@gmail.com

Thanks so much,
Brian
taildrags

Re: A call for photos

Post by taildrags »

Brian; oh, there are some Ford-powered beauties among the Air Campers out there! We featured one example, Dan Helsper's airplane, on the cover of Contact! Magazine some time back but I believe those photos were copyrighted. I can check with Dan to see if they can be shared with other publications, but I can tell you that his is a really beautiful example of the marque.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Brian Amato

Post by Brian Amato »

Thanks Oscar and, yes, it really is a beautiful example. So nice I have it as my computer screen desktop background. Gives me encouragement every time I look at it.
B
Brian Amato

Post by Brian Amato »

Thanks to those of you who were kind enough to send me photos. The article is done and awaiting publication. They told me it will be the May-June issue of "The Restorer" magazine. The official magazine of MAFCA....Model A Ford Club of America.
Once it's actually mailed out, I'll provide a link to the article for anyone who wants to see it.
Thanks again