Pietenpol-List: Re:newsletter

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> fishin
Was wondering the same - my e-mials to Grant have gone unanswered for a while.......Clay
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Clay Spurgeon
Lawrence V Williams wrote:> p.s. Does anybody know if GM died or just lost interest? The webpage has> been idle since prior to the reunion. Also, has a successor for> newsletter editor been found?I also wonder ifanyone has received more than the one newsletter lastspring???Joe CZion, IllinoisLawrence V Williams wrote:p.s. Does anybody know if GM died or just lost interest?The webpage hasbeen idle since prior to the reunion. Also, has a successor fornewsletter editor been found?I also wonder ifanyone has received more than the one newsletter lastspring???Joe CZion, Illinois________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary McNeel, Jr."
Pieters-I got a call from our newsletter editor in Brodhead last night about an earlierarticle I had submitted and in the course of conversation he saidthat one of the hardest things he has to do is find things to publish. Could itbe that the printed newsletters that gave most of us the impetus to keep on goingis becoming a relic? Seems to me that this web-site is good for getting instant answers but the samequestions and answers seem to cycle through regularly. I recall poring over theold BPANewsletters for some half-remembered snippet of information when Icame to a crossroad during construction. Lots of the stuff even had pictures!It's just not the same on-line even with key words and digital photos.My intent isn't to start another round of making copies of all the oldiesach thosewho aren't online and have a resource for newcomers to access so the samestuff doesn't repeat itself every 6-8 months. So here's the challenge.......if you've got enough time to sit in front of yourkeyboard and pound out the same stuff on the web year in and yearout instead of building your own Cherry Grove missile, how about using alittle of that time to submit an article to the newsletter? Make yourself immortal!!Pass along gems for those who will follow! Be a contributor!for those of you unfamiliar, here's the needed info:BPAc/o the Independent-RegisterP.O. Box 255Brodhead, WI 53520-0255(It might also be a nice gesture to add a buck or three to your annual subscription)Larryps. Skip et al, I'll be at Sun-N-Fun Mon & Tue. only, have to get back ho________________________________________________________________________________Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:12:12 -0500
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "walter evans"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletterIn a message dated 04/02/2002 3:09:59 PM Central Standard Time, gmcneel(at)mykitplane.com writes:>Gary, Which back issues were you unsuccessful getting...the 'new' one being published by the guys in Brodhead or the originals that go back to about 1983 that were done by Frank Pavliga,Sr. and Grant McLaren ? I no longer have the information on who was making the 'old' issues available (perhaps someone can post that) but if they are still available they are well worth the price. And, yes, the list is also a great source of help and info. You should have both !! Don________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:
Mike Bell offered to put all of the old newsletters on CD at one time ifeveryone would send in. I don't know whether it ever happened.----- Original Message -----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Kip & Beth Gardner
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Kip & Beth Gardner
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletterIn a message dated 04/02/2002 9:49:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, gmcneel(at)mykitplane.com writes:>I, for one would be interested in the entire series of back issues being scanned and converted to PDF type documents, then either made available on WEB or CD. I have the scanner, CD-RW but not the Adobe Acrobat to convert scanned documents to PDF. Kip - did you get one of the copies of the back issues ? I know several here on this list did.-dennis the menace________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:42:12 -0500
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:
I have everything needed to do a CD of the issues - document scanner withsheet feeder, Adobe Acrobat, CD burner, etc. If there is any way you can getthe archive material to me (Lower Mainland, BC Canada / Pacific Northwest) Icould do the archive, database and directory as a labour of love.Robert Wiebe----- Original Message -----
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
>>I have everything needed to do a CD of the issues - document scanner with>sheet feeder, Adobe Acrobat, CD burner, etc. If there is any way you can get>the archive material to me (Lower Mainland, BC Canada / Pacific Northwest) I>could do the archive, database and directory as a labour of love.>>Robert Wiebe>----- Original Message ----->From: >To: >Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletter>>________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 18:30:18 -0500
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary McNeel, Jr."
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Dennis Engelkenjohn
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletterIn a message dated 04/02/2002 8:49:19 PM Central Standard Time, gmcneel(at)mykitplane.com writes:>Gary, I can't help you on that but the subject opened up a string and may turn up someone with decent enough material for copying. My set is second and third generation and I have a terrible habit of writing notes and highlighting everything. Just wouldn't be suitable. Looks like there are those anxious to do the copying if someone can agree to loan out their originals. Don ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 20:29:20 -0800
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jeffery Lorimor
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Douwe Blumberg"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: newsletter Thanks everyone for their congrats on my pilot's license!got it in a Cessna (sorry!) but am now working on my tailwheel endorsement in a cub.Regarding a possible newsletter, here are my thoughts. Please respond or contact me with your thoughts and if you are interested in seriously helping.I think that a "marque" of airplane or car benefits greatly from a good newsletter. It helps develop a hardcore following and allows them to communicate, learn from eachother and develops a sense of comraderie within the following. I think the Piet benefited greatly from the wonderful newsletter of the eighties and nineties. The Brodhead newsletter seems to have petered out. It was very nice, but the last few years have been very light in terms of content and interest. This seems to be the pitfall of these volunteer newsletters however. The idea sounds good, lots of people offer to help, and then the enthusiasm runs out leaving a few "doers" to slog through with their commitment. Maybe some of those guys would be willing to share their experiences.We have a wonderful offer from John Hofmann (ck out the incredible Travel Air newsletter he does!) to put one together. So I'm thinking, what if we got together a "core" group of people who have the time and energy to make a commitment to something like this, and talk about getting a newsletter together. If we only tried for three a year, this would make the workload relatively spread out, and would make them bigger, more interesting reading.We could write articles, get others to do so, track down piet owners/builders/flyers and get their stories and photos. I would be willing to participate for one. I can write, and get others to contribute and will commit to stick with it to keep the Piet alive and well.thoughts?Douwe________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
Subject: Pietenpol-List: newsletterHow about if everyone stops picking on Grant, who was probably the greatest boonto Pietenpols in the last 20 years, and move forward. If you think that youhave to pirate articles from his newsletters to have material for a new newslettermaybe the whole idea should be scrapped.Larry________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Mike Volckmann
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletterCongrats on the license! I'd love to participate in this newsletter project. I've got internet programmingand database skills and would love to contribute to something that providesunity and comraderie in the Piet community. I set my own website up as a logthat I simply type in progress through a user interface. There are only a coupleof pages and it's simple to keep up-to-date. I'd be happy to retool thedesign for a newsletter format. Let me know.--------Glenn ThomasN?????http://www.flyingwood.comRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletterIf a new newsletter is started how about if it specifically states that thematerial is not copyrighted and is in the public domain? This way we canavoid the same thing happening again where a wealth of good infomation islost forever to future Piet builders as Grant takes "his" Piet newslettersto the grave.RickOn 6/26/06, lnawms(at)fuse.net wrote:>>> How about if everyone stops picking on Grant, who was probably the> greatest boon to Pietenpols in the last 20 years, and move forward. If you> think that you have to pirate articles from his newsletters to have material> for a new newsletter maybe the whole idea should be scrapped.>> Larry>>-- Rick Holland"Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers, that smell bad"________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Rick Holland
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletterWell it depends. You would have to get everyone that submitted material to agree to that, but if they did you would be just fine. ----- Original Message -----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Lee Schiek"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: newsletterOkay guys,After reading everyone's thoughts and talking to some guys individually, here is what seems clear.1. There is a need and desire for a good, informative newsletter to support the Piet community.1.5 the brodhead piet newsletter has petered out.2. For lack of conclusive evidence, it should be assumed Grant owns all the old articles3. Grant did a great job4. We should approach Grant, and the brodhead newsletter people in a respectful and appreciative way, for advice and any possible offers of help in allowing us to occasionally use some of the old material.5. we have enough skills and experience in this group to put one together.6. we should stop talking and try it.7. As I envision it, the purpose of a new Piet newsletter should be to disseminate accurate information about the Piet, and how it is built. It should address the common questions first time builders have. It should provide encouragement to builders by sharing flying stories, adventures etc. It should provide historical tidbits to help us all keep in touch with the roots of this plane. It should encourage safety. I think it would be fascinating to try tracking down every registered Piet owner and dropping them a line asking for their story, performance stats, etc. It should provide a list of Piet building resources. It should finally have many pictures and should be fairly meaty.So, here are my thoughts. For things like this, we need a "core" group of people who have the passion, the time and the desire to help by actually putting it together, writing articles, editing, soliciting articles and stories and photos from other piet owners and builders, etc.John Hofmann who does the Travelair newsletter is willing to put it together and get it mailed. I am willing to write, edit, solicit etc. I hope everyone would be willing to make submissions of any kind, but how about anyone interested in helping consistently contact me on my email.John suggested, and I agree, that we should just try putting one together and see how it goes. We have nothing to lose but a little time and some money.Douwedouweblumberg(at)earthlink.net________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
What Mike, Barry, Jack and everybody else said!THANK YOU JOHN!!We should all support the BPA by becoming members and helping in any way wecan. In this day of electronic everything, it is SO very nice to have apaper newsletter to keep, re-read and stack on the bookshelf to look atlater and scribble all over. It resonates with the essence ofPietenpolling. I know Doc and Dee always welcomed articles, pics, progress reports andother tidbits of interest to help with material and I'm guessing John willtoo. Don't be afraid to send it in, it might be used and might encouragesomeone else.Thought I had a "flying window" last few days as it actually got abovefreezing, but the dang winds won't quit!Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 08:22:31 -0800 (PST)
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "bubbleboy"
Static thrust tests are really a waste of time. As static thrust is a force andnothing is moving there is no work being done. Static thrust is generally proportionalto the diameter of the propeller. The twist effects it if there is partof the blade stalled but little of this matters until you are near climb speed.So don't bother unless you are comparing one propeller to two differentmotors and then rpm is more important anyway.Brian KenneySent from my iPad> On Feb 25, 2014, at 4:34 PM, "taildrags" wrote:> > > OK, so in another couple of weeks I'll be starting to think about having Scoutdo the thrust test with the official fish scales. Not in any hurry though.Who has the scales and how do I go about getting in the mailing queue to trythem out?> > --------> Oscar Zuniga> Medford, OR> Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"> A75 power> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 297#419297> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Franklin
Nope, nothing here in Spring, TX, either! In the meantime, I'm reading old newsletters,trying to figure it all out...--------Tom KreinerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 07:59:33 -0500 (EST)
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Conkling
Us too.--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 19:22:11 -0600Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Conkling >
Bruce, I'd like you to meet Bruce.Old Monty Python skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA--Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD, FARVOAssociate Professor of OphthalmologyEmory University School of Medicine
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "AircamperN11MS"
Climb is the critical time for a low powered aircraft. it should be the only timethat the aircraft should use its maximum power. If it can't reach max rpmin a climb then it will never reach max horsepower and effectively you have asmaller engine than you think. You can then argue about what climb speed? Thetemperature should be warm and the climb should not be realistically too slow.I like to think that the propeller is like a one speed transmission. You need toget it at the right ratio for the worst condition. Back to static thrust - takea tractor pull on a tree stump. In low gear you have lots of pull and in highnot so much. Same motor. In the comparison static thrust is all about thepropeller like the transmission and not the motorCheersSent from my iPad> On Feb 27, 2014, at 8:28 AM, "BYD" wrote:> > > > brian.kenney(at)live.ca wrote:>> Static thrust tests are really a waste of time. As static thrust is a forceand nothing is moving there is no work being done. Static thrust is generallyproportional to the diameter of the propeller. The twist effects it if there ispart of the blade stalled but little of this matters until you are near climbspeed. So don't bother unless you are comparing one propeller to two differentmotors and then rpm is more important anyway.>> >> Brian Kenney>> >> Sent from my iPad> > > > > The tradition of testing with a scale started with BHP himself. Whenever hewas testing a new engine/prop combination, hed hitch the plane to a fence postand measure the pull if it matched the figure he previously got from a wellflying ship, he would assume it would at least get in the air.> > Somewhere, someone asked about comparisons between different power-plants andI can add that a partner and myself attended Brodhead one year specifically tocompare and decide on what power-plant we wanted to use (we both had been buildingwith conventional engines in mind). After watching the climb out of allthe combinations present and he taking a ride in a Corvair powered ship andmyself in a Model-A version, we decided on the Model-A. It truly surprised uscomparing the climb out with passenger, how well the model-A performed. We hadto cutup the firewalls of our projects after returning home.> > Not conclusive or scientific, but maybe itll help whomever asked.> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 384#419384> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletter
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:
Mine still hasnt shown up in the wilds of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia . Who is this John Hofmann, anyway, and what right does he have to hold my newsletter hostage? Jack Phillips NX899JP Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:
Mine still hasn=99t shown up in the wilds of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia . Who is this John Hofmann, anyway, and what right does he have to hold my newsletter hostage? Jack Phillips NX899JP Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:
Mine still hasn't shown up in the wilds of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia . Who is this John Hofmann, anyway, and what right does he have to hold my newsletter hostage? Jack Phillips NX899JP Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:
Mine still hasn't shown up in the wilds of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia . Who is this John Hofmann, anyway, and what right does he have to hold my newsletter hostage? Jack Phillips NX899JP Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "echobravo4"
etenpol-list(at)matronics.com>Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: SpeedI noticed in the flying and glider manuals some tips on how to decrease drag. Faring in strut, landing gear and strut attachments, and wheel pants (or spats) was most common.Doing away with round things like wires, struts and cabanes and replacing them with a blade shape has been well known to decrease drag.Basically the more blade shaped the better, to a point.It may seem like a lot to do on a draggy plane, but it would let the engine breath easier at the same speeds and could be done incrementally. What is the consensus on where you get the most bang for the buck?Blue Skies,Steve D.________________________________This e-mail message (including any attachments) is for the sole use ofthe intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privilegedinformation. If the reader of this message is not the intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distributionor copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictlyprohibited.If you have received this message in error, please contactthe sender by reply e-mail message and destroy all copies of theoriginal message (including attachments).________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Boatright, Jeffrey"
The newsletter finally arrived in the plains of eastern South Dakota. Great job. I appreciate the work being done to provide us with the articles.Ralph Hurlbert________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Speed

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch <steven.d.dortch(at)gmail.com<mailto:steven.d.dortch(at)gmail
As they say, a lot depends on a lot. Our Piet originally had Cub gear with bungees. Coming back on the power in pattern, the nose really dipped over. For various reasons we replaced the bungees with springs. Coming back on the power, the plane behaves more like a Cessna. Also, the glide seems better. I'm guessing replacing bungees with springs cut drug quite a bit.Not the same plane, but our hangar neighbor covered the round-tube lift struts of his Pup with plastic airfoil-shaped covers (these used to be sold at the big fly-ins but I haven't seen them recently). Both his climb and cruise increased considerably.--Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD, FARVOAssociate Professor of OphthalmologyEmory University School of Medicine
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tkreiner"
Got mine yesterday-Well worth the wait!Thanks John!--------Earl BrownI may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where Iintended to be.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
Mine came in yesterday's mail! (Our delivery is around 5:15 pm, but in time forme to read it last evening...)Very nice job, John, as others have said, the newletter is in good hands.--------Tom KreinerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Phillips"
Okay, so that should only leave another 683 BPA newsletter subscribers to announcethat they have received their copy in the mail.Just kidding. Thanks for taking on what is usually a thankless job, John.Bill C.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Mine still hasn't shown up in the wilds of the Blue Ridge Mountains ofVirginia. Who is this John Hofmann, anyway, and what right does he have tohold my newsletter hostage?Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain Lake, Virginia _____
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Tim White
COME TO THINK OF IT RYAN I HAVEN'T REC'D MY PENCILS EITHER BUT MY NEWSLETTER CAME. I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW MANYLEFT HANDED PEOPLE GOT THEIR NEWSLETTER BEFORE RIGHT HANDED PEOPLE. I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THAT OUT.________________________________________________________________________________Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 16:30:40 -0500
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Don Emch"
Come on guys . How about cleaning up The dialogue. I am embarrassed to let my wiferead the list now. GardinerSent from my iPad> On Feb 27, 2014, at 4:08 PM, Ryan Mueller wrote:> > hostage?________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gary Boothe
Part of the beauty of the newsletter is that it's a newsletter. Something thatcomes in the mail that you can sit down with a cup of coffee and read. Then whenyou're done you can pick it up and take it with you or set it on the shelfand refer back to it. I love the newsletter. A really great use for them isto set a few on your end table beside the couch that is in your hangar (you door will have an old couch in the hangar, right?). Then when prospective passengersare waiting in line for their ride, they can read up on how cool of anairplane the Piet is.Don EmchNX899DERead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Boatright, Jeffrey"
Well said, Don!Sent from my iPhone> On Feb 27, 2014, at 4:31 PM, "Don Emch" wrote:> > > Part of the beauty of the newsletter is that it's a newsletter. Something thatcomes in the mail that you can sit down with a cup of coffee and read. Thenwhen you're done you can pick it up and take it with you or set it on the shelfand refer back to it. I love the newsletter. A really great use for themis to set a few on your end table beside the couch that is in your hangar (youdo or will have an old couch in the hangar, right?). Then when prospective passengersare waiting in line for their ride, they can read up on how cool of anairplane the Piet is.> > Don Emch> NX899DE> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 467#419467> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: danhelsper(at)aol.com
The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here! At last the day hascame!My newsletter has arrived in Decatur, Georgia USA!!Bonus internet points for those who can guess the two movies the above arefrom. Hint: TGWP ain't in it this time.--Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD, FARVOAssociate Professor of OphthalmologyEmory University School of MedicineOn 2/27/14 7:42 PM, "Gary Boothe" wrote:>>Well said, Don!>>Sent from my iPhone>>> On Feb 27, 2014, at 4:31 PM, "Don Emch" wrote:>>>>>> Part of the beauty of the newsletter is that it's a newsletter.>>Something that comes in the mail that you can sit down with a cup of>>coffee and read. Then when you're done you can pick it up and take it>>with you or set it on the shelf and refer back to it. I love the>>newsletter. A really great use for them is to set a few on your end>>table beside the couch that is in your hangar (you do or will have an>>old couch in the hangar, right?). Then when prospective passengers are>>waiting in line for their ride, they can read up on how cool of an>>airplane the Piet is.>>>> Don Emch>> NX899DE>>>>>>>>>> Read this topic online here:>>>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______This e-mail message (including any attachments) is for the sole use ofthe intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privilegedinformation. If the reader of this message is not the intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distributionor copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictlyprohibited.If you have received this message in error, please contactthe sender by reply e-mail message and destroy all copies of theoriginal message (including attachments).________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jack Phillips
Don't have mine either in W. Tennessee. Is this a Southern thing?Dan HelsperPuryear, TN-----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Speed

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
Great advice! I will take it to heart. I just got my plans, Tony Bingelis's books,and the 1929-1933 Flying and Glider Manuals. I've found myself fallinginto the trap of thinking about the "extras" already.Thanks again! #1 goal: just build the thing and get it in the air. Everythingafter that is only window dressing.--------Dave HillBuilding Pietenpol N899DJRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

> RE: Pietenpol-List: newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletterDon't you have one form me?... just curious about it.Regards.Mario Giacummo2014-02-28 11:49 GMT-02:00 shad bell :>> I was told if I like my news letter I could keep my newsletter......>> Shad>> --------------------------------------------> On Thu, 2/27/14, Jack Phillips wrote:>> Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: newsletter> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> Date: Thursday, February 27, 2014, 3:40 PM>>> Mine still> hasn't shown up in the> wilds of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia .> Who is this John Hofmann, anyway, and what right does he> have to hold my> newsletter hostage?>>> Jack> Phillips>> NX899JP>>> Smith> Mountain Lake, Virginia>>
matronics

> Re:

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: shad bell
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: danhelsper(at)aol.com
Agreed. Mine are 17" and have to be special ordered.Sent from an iPhone with a spelling problem> On Mar 1, 2014, at 10:49 AM, "AircamperN11MS" wrote:>>> Vasek,>> I have 16 inch wheels on mine. It looks good with them also. The problem withmine is that 16 inch tires are getting hard to get. I would recommend choosinga wheel size that tires are easily available. It makes a difference in ten yearswhen you need tires. I now have to order my from the internet.>> My two cents,>> --------> Scott Liefeld> Flying N11MS since March 1972> Steel Tube> C-85-12> Wire Wheels> Brodhead in 1996>>> Read this topic online here:>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______This e-mail message (including any attachments) is for the sole use ofthe intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privilegedinformation. If the reader of this message is not the intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distributionor copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictlyprohibited.If you have received this message in error, please contactthe sender by reply e-mail message and destroy all copies of theoriginal message (including attachments).________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: shad bell
Still no newsletter.....am I the last one?Dan HelsperPuryear, TN-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Not yet.Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain Lake, Virginia _____
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Charles N. Campbell"
This is probably not information needed, but I just looked on EBAY and there area few corvair engines listed there, One complete core for 350 dollars buy itnow price. I didn't notice where it was located.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 09:43:18 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: newsletter
matronics

> Re:

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Rick Schreiber
matronics

Post by matronics »

Keep Calm - Me Either!Barry