From: aa5flyer(at)gmail.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com Pietenpol-

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

From: aa5flyer(at)gmail.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com Pietenpol-

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: aa5flyer(at)gmail.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.comSubject: Pietenpol-
Hi TimWelcome on board. You will find the members of the list more than accomodating with both advice and opportunities to share in their experiences. Being from Western Australia, and still in the early phases of building VH-PTN, an extended fuselage Piet, I cannot offer anything more than encouragement and best wishes. You'll not find yourself wanting in either the aircraft or the esteemed members of the list. Make the most of both!CheersRobhttp://www.mykitplane.com/Planes/buildLogRepor ... r%20Camper
matronics

From: n900ml(at)hotmail.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com Pietenpol-

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: n900ml(at)hotmail.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.comSubject: Pietenpol-
Well=2C my job is to service machines that make bottles for several dozen brands of bottled water. So I make bottles here in America (sort of).The P.E.T. resin that we make them out of on the other hand... well=2C it's from China.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Tim White"
I've been reading this list for about two months and have decided to build a Pietenpol. I've ordered the plans and have talked frequently to a Pietenpol builder (His plane was wrecked an is hanging in his hangar), but I still have many questions. I would like to see a Pietenpol up close, sit in it (for fit), and ask questions. I'm not looking for a free ride, just want to become smarter before I start investing money. I live in Springfield Ohio and would like to visit a Pietenpol owner in this area.Tim White937 325 5625_________________________________________________________________Explore the seven wonders of the worldBRE________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

From: ashcan(at)earthlink.net> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> Re:

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: ashcan(at)earthlink.net> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> Subject: Re:
CheapHindranceInNo-wayAirworthyI bought a can of Libby's Green Beans recently. THEY WERE MADE IN CHINA (if you don't believe me=2C go buy a can of Libbys Green Beans)My socks were made in China=2C my hand-lotion is made in China=2C my power-tools (except the really old ones) are made in China.My 2004 Chevrolet Silverado is made in another "C" country=2C however it's one of our neighbors I like=2C Canada...Between $700 billion in US dollars going to foreign oil imports=2C billions more going to China for the goods we purchase... who here in the USA has a job making anything these days?I'm so hacked off at Cessna=2C I'm trying to make an acronym forCESSNAAt least my 1967 Cessna was made in Kansas and at least 98% of all Pietenpols are handmade in the USA or UK or Canada... > Date: Fri=2C 19 Sep 2008 13:08:46 -0400>