Pietenpol-List: will the real Pietenpol please stand up

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: will the real Pietenpol please stand up

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jonathan Ragle
Sigh... here we go again... "what's the difference between a Pietenpol and a GN-1?"I won't get into it this time; I sent Doc Mosher a very nice and informativeletter on the subject and he wrote an editorial about my letter on the BPANews website. Enough said from my corner. All I was trying to do was givedue respect to both Mr. Pietenpol and Mr. Grega for their respective contributionsto our most enjoyable sport in both Air Campers and Aircampers, but thenagain some people call any yellow airplane a "Cub" no matter what it really is.For now suffice it to say that N83887 is registered as a "Pietenpol GN-1". Nowyou talk about a hermaphrodite-! That's just about the same as saying your partyaffiliation is "Democratic Republican" ;o)Low 'n' slow forever! And welcome to the Texas Air Camper Organization (TACO)!Oscar ZunigaAir Camper NX41CC (all Piet and proud of it)San Antonio, TXmailto: taildrags(at)hotmail.comwebsite at http://www.flysquirrel.net________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: will the real Pietenpol please stand up

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: jon95gt(at)hotmail.com
Hey... Coke=2C Pepsi -- Mr. Pibb or Dr. Pepper. I'll sit on a tailgate and drink a different-brand soda with anybody and I don't criticize them for the flavor they prefer. (Oscar calls me a woosie cause I like Corona=2C but that's just between two amigos...:) This Piet vs GN thing brings us apart. I just call 'em Aircampers and hope for the best.Now get this=2C the example I have (in progress and soon to go on Ebay) is a Piet fuselage and a GN wing) I didn't start this=2C an A&P/AI who has a Master's Degree in an aeronautical field did=2C and whom was in the Air Force as a B1 and a B2 maintenance officer. (Has more brains than me=2C so I suspect he knows someting I didn't ? )I guess my "AirCamper" is part Baptist=2C part Lutheran? ..... Either way (Piet/GN or Baptist/Lutreran) I suspect we all touch-down on the same grass strip in the end and that's really all that matters.Sterlingthe original TACO from El Paso
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Roy Brooks
> I guess my "AirCamper" is part Baptist, part Lutheran? ..... Maybe part Catholic, part Lutheran would be a better analogy.Pat________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> panzera@experimental-aviation.com
Hmmm? Part Episcopalian / part Catholic? or LDS / FLDS? .... I lived in Salt Lake City briefly. "Flys Low=2C Delightly Slow" or "Low=2C Deliciously Slow" SterlingThe Original TACO from El Paso
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> taildrags(at)hotmail.com
Sorry man!! Definately not trying to start a debate or war of any type. :) I just looked it up again before getting on here and sure enough it's a Pietenpol GN-1. So it's a hermie=2C not to worried about it. I did a bit of research and found a few things about the GN-1. I should have known it was a newbie question and done a search. My mistake!Jonathan RaglePietenpol GN-1 N83887 (Bastard child and OK with it)Watauga=2C Texas
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: will the real Pietenpol please stand up

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Steve Ruse"
> >> > > Sigh... here we go again... "what's the difference between a Pietenpol and a GN-1?" I won't get into it this time=3B I sent Doc Mosher a very nice and informative letter on the subject and he wrote an editorial about my letter on the BPA News website. Enough said from my corner. All I was trying to do was give due respect to both Mr. Pietenpol and Mr. Grega for their respective contributions to our most enjoyable sport in both Air Campers and Aircampers=2C but then again some people call any yellow airplane a "Cub" no matter what it really is.> > For now suffice it to say that N83887 is registered as a "Pietenpol GN-1". Now you talk about a hermaphrodite-! That's just about the same as saying your party affiliation is "Democratic Republican" =3Bo)> > Low 'n' slow forever! And welcome to the Texas Air Camper Organization (TACO)!> > Oscar Zuniga> Air Camper NX41CC (all Piet and proud of it)> San Antonio=2C TX> mailto: taildrags(at)hotmail.com> website at http://www.flysq=====================>> > > Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. Learn Now_________________________________________________________________Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn =9310 hidden secrets=94 from Jamie.http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jam ... __________
matronics

> RE: Pietenpol-List: will the real Pietenpol please stand up

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Rob Hart
> ntal-aviation.com>> > > > > I guess my "AirCamper" is part Baptist=2C part Lutheran? ..... > > > Maybe part Catholic=2C part Lutheran would be a better analogy.> > Pat> > > ============================================> > > _________________________________________________________________See how Windows connects the people=2C information=2C and fun that are part of your life.________________________________________________________________________________