Re: Pietenpol-List: Piets near my travels

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Owen Davies
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Piets near my travelsI will be arriving Portland Oregon Monday 10/12 leaving 10/14 evening for Sacramento Ca for one 2 nights traveling by car to and from Stockton Ca then out on Friday morning Sacramento to Baltimore.I would enjoy visiting Piets in process building and or flying Piets for meet greet photos and brew, if anyone is interested please advise.ThanksJohnJunior Ambassador and Special Assistant to Ambassador and Secretary of Piet, Jim Markle In a message dated 10/5/2009 3:44:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jim_markle(at)mindspring.com writes:--> Pietenpol-List message posted by: Jim Markle I'm in Livermore this week....any Piets in the area? I was hoping to get up to see the gang in the Sacramento area but may not have time for that....actually working a couple blocks from the Livermore Municipal Airport...looks like a few interesting airplanes there.Anyway, anyone in the area?Jim Markle....________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 16:26:41 -0400
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Piets near my travelsThanks I would have enjoyed it too, no everyone can build in Poplar! Maybenext time?JohnIn a message dated 10/5/2009 5:14:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, gboothe5(at)comcast.net writes:John, Too bad! I live 1 hour east of Sacramento, but am condemned to stay in town all week, entertaining business Mucky-muks! I would have enjoyed meeting you! Gary Boothe Cool, Ca. Pietenpol WW Corvair Conversion, mounted Tail done, Fuselage on gear (15 ribs down) Do not archive____________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Howe
> To: > Subject: Pietenpol-List: tailwheel springs> thlink.net>> > One more thing...> > There was some talk (writing??) awhile back about not using tailwheel> springs and it set me to thinking. What would happen if one didn't use> springs=2C just straight cables?> > Obviously=2C bumps and jerks will be transmitted directly to the rudder bar=2C> which is about the only downside I can see. Seems like you'd get rid of> some potential uncontrolled movement back there without springs=2C and you'd> save a few ounces.> > In you flyer's experiences=2C how bad can the bumps and jerks be from the> tailwheel=2C and what do you think of this idea?> > Thanks> > Douwe=2C> > ps: finished windscreens=2C now doing leather cockpit coaming=2C which is very> rewarding. Got the Red Baron thing going!!> > > > ============================================> > > =0A_________________________________________________________________=0AYour E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free.=0A________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Piets near my travelsDate: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:40:16 -0600