Pietenpol-List: Fw: [flybabylist] Engine avail (from craigslist)

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Fw: [flybabylist] Engine avail (from craigslist)

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: matt
FYI from the flybaby Yahoo site.Gene----- Original Message -----
matronics

[flybabylist] Engine avail (from craigslist)

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Doug Dever
Reply to: sale-tfadb-1481226773(at)craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]Continental A-65 Aircraft Engine - $950 OBO - Cash ONLY!This airplane engine (as you can see from the photos) has the keyed, tapered crankshaft meant to be used with a wood prop. An adapter was made to convert from this to the flanged style for a metal prop, but they are apparently a bit difficult to find.The engine is complete except for the following:1. Intake spider2. Carburetor3. Magneto's4. Oil Tank5. Exhaust SystemThe engine has been (and remains) completely disassembled. I took the components to Premier Aircraft in Troutdale, OR and had them inspected and have the "yellow tags" and other documents from that. The engine also comes with the basic rebuilt kit which includes a number of new parts that can be used during the reassembly and a new reprint of the Continental Maintenance and Overhaul Manual.The outcome of Premier's analysis was that all the parts are serviceable (thus the yellow tags. However, one cylinder has some minor pitting which can be repaired in one of two ways (it would work as it is, but since it's apart, I would fix it if I planned to use the engine):1. Bore the cylinder oversize, chrome it then honing it to original spec's2. Boring and honing the cylinder oversize and installing the appropriate oversize piston rings-I am told this also requires that the other cylinders be bored and oversize rings installed in those, too.I am not an A&P Mechanic, so I don't honestly know with certainty which would be preferable...I WAS told by Premier that either would work or that the cylinder could be left as it is since it meets the original spec's and is yellow-tagged as such.I will only sell the engine complete rather than as separate parts because I would rather not have to try to determine individual part values. Again I AM NOT AN A&P and am NOT attempting to represent this as anything more than a used engine, parts of which have been inspected and pronounced to be serviceable by Premier and, I presume, could be reassembled and made functional at minimal expense.If you have questions please reply to this ad with your e-mail address, name and/or phone and I will contact you ASAP. I have "scans" of the yellow tags, the engine nameplate, manual cover and other documents I got from Premier verifying what I paid for the inspections.I will be happy to send those to you if you want to verify the documents.I would also prefer to sell this to someone locally who is willing to pick it up since I think it's best you see what you're buying first. I will say this one final time: I am NOT an A&P, do not represent myself as one and am NOT interested in hearing what I DON'T know about this engine. It is a used engine and carries with it all the potential problems associated with that---and is being sold "AS IS". I would like to sell the engine, that's all. Anyone who plays with airplanes knows there is no "sure thing" when it comes to mechanical issues. Even new ones break.I am not listing a phone as I am in and out a lot, but do check my mail frequently, so I think that's the best method of contacting me.* Location: Woodland, WA* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interestsimage 1481226773-0 image 1481226773-1image 1481226773-2 image 1481226773-3__._,_.___Reply to sender | Reply to group Messages in this topic (1) Recent Activity: a.. New Members 6 Visit Your Group Start a New Topic Message guidelines can be found at:http://www.bowersflybaby.com/guide.htmlTo unsubscribe, send an email to:flybabylist-unsubscribe(at)yahoogroups.com MARKETPLACEParenting Zone: Find useful resources for a happy, healthy family and home Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest . Unsubscribe . Terms of Use.__,_._,___--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 11/24/09 19:37:00________________________________________________________________________________