Pietenpol-List: article is not about 80th Anniversary

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: TOM MICHELLE BRANT
Subject: Pietenpol-List: article is not about 80th AnniversaryThe article will appear in March/April issue of Smithsonian Air & Space and I contributed to theauthor and it is my understanding that this is NOT about the 80th gathering at all but merely a greatoverview of the Pietenpol with photos.With that said, if anyone has high resolution photos of nose-on, I mean dead NOSE on views ofPietenpols please send them to me by Monday morning. Likewise if you have any aerial photos of thePietenpol gathering at Brodhead that show a good number of planes on the ground, those wouldalso be appreciated.Mike C.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: article is not about 80th Anniversary

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: michael.d.cuy(at)nasa.gov
Mike - thanks for the clarification - wasn't sure if this was real or not.Tom B.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Frank Metcalfe
Subject: Pietenpol-List: article is not about 80th AnniversaryThe article will appear in March/April issue of Smithsonian Air& Space and I contributed to theauthor and it is my understanding that this is NOT about the 80thgathering at all but merely a greatoverview of the Pietenpol with photos. With that said=2C if anyone has high resolution photos of nose-on=2CI mean dead NOSE on views ofPietenpols please send them to me by Monday morning. Likewise if you have any aerial photos of thePietenpol gathering at Brodhead that show a good number ofplanes on the ground=2C those wouldalso be appreciated. Mike C. ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 08:44:01 -0800 (PST)
matronics

south.net=0A Re: Pietenpol-List: Corvair Piet Oil Cooler locations?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:it !!=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A V Groah <vgroa
south.net=0ASubject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Corvair Piet Oil Cooler locations?=0ATo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com=0A=0A=0AThe edges around engine have no seam or wire. We simpley cut with no finish except buffing with scotchbright wheel to clean tool marks and remove cut marks. The cowling bowel is welded. I will see if I can find pictures and post to show how we did it.- We used 2023t3 .020 Alum. for the cowling. We did bead the edages where the cowling laps and where it meets the plane. Pictures work better I will see if I can find some and post. Oh thanks for the looks comments on the Big Pe
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Corvair Piet Oil Cooler locations?=0ATo: piete

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:_____________________________=0A Michael Groah
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Corvair Piet Oil Cooler locations?=0ATo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com=0A=0A=0ACowlings Big Piet Picture=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A___