Pietenpol-List: Fin area?

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Fin area?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Fay
Congrats Dan, My mind ran back to my first as the smoke curled from the loud barkof the Ford, just after moving toward one of the greatest feelings a pilotcan have. It is not fear , Dan as you now know , it is excitement , stirred byadrenalin rush.A great adventure continues.Pieti LowellRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:39:45 -0500Subject: Pietenpol-List: Fin area?
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Fin area?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Dan Yocum
Congratulations Dan!great pictures, very inspiring!--------Earl BrownI may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where Iintended to be.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Fin area?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack"
JohnA few of us have observed that it takes positive force on the reverse rudder to get out of a slip, but I don't think adding more vertical area is going to remedy the problem, and adding the extra weight on this already tail heavy plane certainly doesn't help! I'm going to seal the gap in the rudder and the horizontal stabilizer - that address this quirk. Dan-- yocum(at)gmail.comOn Jun 30, 2010, at 10:39 PM, John Fay wrote:> List,> > In another couple weeks I plan to start work on the fin and rudder. Years ago I read that one of the builders had expanded his fin. If I remember right, he said he added about six inches to the front of it. I must have read it in the BPANewsletter. Bernard P. himself said that extending the nose for W & B purposes makes it a little harder to straighten back out when recovering from a slip. I think that last week someone even mentioned here that it takes a positive reversal of rudder to straighten out after the slip in their Piet.> > I have already extended the fuselage, ahead of the CG, by moving the firewall 4 inches forward. I am strongly considering making this modest increase in the fin area. Any pros or cons about this?> > (We're counting the days to Brodhead.)> > John Fay> in Peoria, IL> > ============================================================================================================================================> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: compass location, panel layout

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: helspersew(at)aol.com
Anyone planning to attend?JackDSM________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: compass location, panel layoutDate: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 07:41:41 -0400
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: greg menoche
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Re: One Down!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ben Charvet
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ben Charvet
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Fin area?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Pieti Lowell"
> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> > > My dad and I are really starting to ramp up this project=2C and we will be ordering our plans soon. But there is some discussion on which engine we should put in there. My argument is that we already have a source of one possibly two corvair motors. For FREE! Not to mention all the other reasons why I think we should go with the corvair. > He wants the Model A. > The question:> What motor do you have in your Piet=2C and why did you decide to use it?> Please give any and all reasons. Even if you did the Model A just for looks alone=2C I want to know. > I also am going to try to make it up to Broadhead on the 24th.> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 312#303312> > > > > > > ============================================> > > _________________________________________________________________The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail. http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/the ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fin area?