Pietenpol-List: Airplane Plans

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Airplane Plans

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ben Charvet
Does anyone know if the plans for building a Pietenpol will be on handOshkosh for purchase?________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 08:41:05 -0400
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: New cylinder - low oil pressure?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: yocum137(at)gmail.com
I'm not sure about the high/low readings=2C but do you have an orifice in the syustem anywhere?? That would take care of the bouncing reading. The fitting out of the back of the engine should be an orifice fitting=2C or you could solder up the fitting and drill a tiny hole. Like I said=2C this would only take care of the larege fluctuations.GeneSubject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: New cylinder - low oil pressure?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Oscar Zuniga
I swear=2C I can't win for losing! Took a ride up to Poplar Grove tonight and the oil temp got up to 82C and the pressure wouldn't go *below* 52psi during cruise and at idle it was at 35. I mean=2C seriously. Excuse my French=2C but Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??I'm now fairly convinced the pressure gauge is flakier than my Aunt Ethel=2C the way it pops around=2C but do I put the "old" style spring back in? Jeez!Any one care to venture a guess?Befuddled in Illinois-- yocum(at)gmail.com ________________________________________________________________________________