Pietenpol-List: new Piet on the block

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: new Piet on the block

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Ray Krause"
Howdy, Pieters;Well, we've got a new Piet on our field... just arrived.Apparently it has sat in a hangar or barn for quite sometime because it's looking pretty dusty and sad, but it haspromise. The airplane is tail number N3379 and has someinteresting features... streamlined wires for the tail braces,wing centersection tank as well as a nose tank, fairly fullpanel, canvas seat (which I'm already envying), and otherstuff. The wings and struts are off of it since it seems tohave been trailered to its new home. Engine looks to be anA65 and the registration search seems to confirm that. Ithas split gear with bungees and the bungees are long gone.It was registered in 1974 and looks about that vintage.I'll have to go back and get a better look at it,but the newowner is an A&P with plenty of time on his hands, so I hopethe bird gets stripped down to the bare bones and gets arestoration. It's what this same gent did for an Ercoupe andit is a beautiful little restoration that is a joy to watchin the air.Oscar ZunigaAir Camper NX41CCSan Antonio, TXmailto: taildrags(at)hotmail.comwebsite at http://www.flysquirrel.net ________________________________________________________________________________