Pietenpol-List: Simulator for piet

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Simulator for piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Phillips"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Simulator for pietDoes anyone have a Piet simulator add on for Microsoft Flight Sim X?If so what "Stick" do you use? Is there a fix to make it more Piet like. you knowlike tape a broomstick to the Joystick. Blue SkiesSteve ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Simulator for piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
I've seen (and flown) one for I think Microsoft Flight Simulator, but itdidn't feel much like the real thing. To get any realism, you would need toset the joystick on the floor and tape a broomstick to it, have rudderpedals, have ineffective brakes (if simulating a wire wheel version), andmake the ailerons much less sensitive than the elevators.Whenever I get out of my RV-4 and climb into the Pietenpol, on takeoff myfirst thought is that something in the controls is broken because thecontrol movements are so large with so little happening.Flight simulators might work OK for a plane like an airliner that is flownpretty much by the numbers. I don't think they can do much to simulate aplane like a Pietenpol that is flown by the seat of the pants.Jack PhillipsNX899JP "Icarus Plummet"Raleigh, NC-----Original Message-----
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Simulator for piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ryan Mueller
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Simulator for piet
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: airlion
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Simulator for piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Matt Dralle
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Simulator for piet OK so what I am hearing is (see I did learn from the "Active Listening class")A. I need to tie a broomstick to the "stick"B. I need a fan blowing in my face at 65-70 MPH.C. Mounting a lawnmower engine between me and the Screen will enhance the soundand smell (maybe I can use it to run the fan.)Also the chair and stick need tobe hard connected to the engine to get the vibration.D. If I want a Model A Piet then I need to put an old car radiator between me andthe screen.Anything else?;+}SteveOn 11/29/10, Ryan Mueller wrote:> I have found MS Flight Sim Piet models before, and they are kind of neat to fly.I have limited flight time in my Piet, but I feel safe in saying that whilekind of neat, computer flight sim models have little to no relation to flyinga real world Piet.> > > > > Even if the flight model is accurate, you are missing the wind, noise, vibration,smell, and feeling of actually flying a Pietenpol. Since the Piet is notreally a fly-by-the-numbers airplane there really is nocorollaryon the computerthat can feel anything like flying a Piet (IMO).> > > > > Ryan> > > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Michael Perez wrote:> > > > > > > > > > > > I can't answer your question directly, but I have flown the Piet. in FS10.I use a complete HOTAS set-up when I fly ACM on the computer, but as mentioned,you would need to mount the stick on the floor and add a long handle ofsome sort. Still, for those of us who want to fly during the winter months, orfly the Piet. at places we would never get the chance, FS10 and and modifiedstick may be cool.> > > > > > > > > > Michael Perez> > Karetaker Aero> > www.karetakeraero.com(blockedhttp://www.karetakeraero.com)> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > _blank">www.aeroelectric.com> > > .com" target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com> > > ="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com> > > _blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution> > > " target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-List> > > tp://forums.matronics.com> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 00:22:06 -0800
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Simulator for piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "TriScout"
> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> m>> > So=2C why some airplanes have and some no? how much is too much=2C which things you have to take in account to do it with or without? I do not find anything about this configuration... > > Regards> > Mario> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 657#321657> > > > > > > ============================================> > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Simulator for piet