Re: Pietenpol-List: Leather flying helmet, was Big Day in 989CB Aeroplane

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Leather flying helmet, was Big Day in 989CB Aeroplane

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Dan Yocum
Hi Dan,Try this place Popsleather.com. Santiago and I found them in the flymarket at OSH a few years ago. Unbelievable low prices and great quality. They said every piece was made to order in Turkey. BTW it doesn't look like the price has gone up since I bought mine. To my eye the quality is superb and I am very happy with mine.Dan HelsperPuryear, TN-----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Leather flying helmet, was Big Day in 989CB Aeroplane

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "ldmill"
> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Seat back question>>> Thanks for the input. I don't know that I consider myself a "purist",exactly; truth is, I've never done anything like this and I'm moreconcerned about doing something incorrectly and not being able to easilyfix it. I'd hate to glue the spacers in and find out a few weeks from nowthat they might interfere with a cable or metal fitting or something else.>> As a newbie to the list I try more to read and learn from all the "oldhands" and I appreciate the help. (I've groaned at more than one of thequestions I've asked, myself.)>> Anyway, thanks again. I've included a few pics of the roughed-in seatback and spacers. (Now maybe someone can tell me how to make the picturessmaller so they are easier to see!)>> Tom________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Leather flying helmet, was Big Day in 989CB AeroplaneFacto