Pietenpol-List: Aileron Cables rubbing on the fuselage frame...

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Aileron Cables rubbing on the fuselage frame...

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "C N Campbell"
Hello List,I have mocked up the flight controls in my Piet and am finding that if the cabainestruts are vertical then the aileron cables rub on the fuselage frame perthe attached image. (Many Piets have their cabaine struts slanted aft a few inchesfor weight-and-balance, but I want to protect for some adjustment and allowthem to be vertical without control cable rubbing problems.)Question: Has anyone ever moved the aileron control horn aft on the control barto help alleviate this problem... or does this just cause some other problemI am not aware of.....?!?!? (I am considering 1 & 1/2 inches aft)Moving the horn aft would also mean that I would have to move the forward pulley(which is on the control bar) aft and I am not sure if that would be a problemas well......!?!??!.....or is there some other fix that people have done....?!?!?!?It also seems like the aileron control cables are awfully close to rubbing on thecross brace cables for the cabaine struts....!?!?!?Thanks in advance for any help............--------Jake Schultz - curator,Newport Way Air Museum (OK, it's just my home)Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ttachments: http://forums.matronics.com//files/aile ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Aileron Cables rubbing on the fuselage frame...

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "aerocarjake"
I could move my aileron horn without moving the pulley (except that mine are already welded. If I wanted to move the horn I would have to start over). Why do you think you would have to move the pulley? They are completely seperate items.----- Original Message -----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Aileron Cables rubbing on the fuselage frame...

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Phillips"
Guess I just figure I could beef them up a tad and separate them but per the plansit looks like they integrate/work together structurally nicely when they arewelded as a set....??!!?!?!?--------Jake Schultz - curator,Newport Way Air Museum (OK, it's just my home)Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Aileron Cables rubbing on the fuselage frame...

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
As I recall, my aileron cables had some interference, which I eliminated byjudicious application of a hammer on the control horns on the torque tube.Do what you've got to do.Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain Lake, Virginia-----Original Message-----
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Aileron Cables rubbing on the fuselage frame...

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: helspersew(at)aol.com
Subject: Pietenpol-List: shamelwaa uas of the forumI know that this is both shameless and unorthodox use of our beloved board, however I have no other way to contact everyone at large at such an important time. However I thought it important enough to run the risk of suchan action.I have been successful in securing special introductory pricing concessions from the owner of _www.AristoKrafts.com_ (http://www.aristokrafts.com/) to create a special series of Christmas ornaments for the Pietenpol Builders and owners community. For a limited time She will accept pre Christmasorders at the special price to create your own personalized ornament depicting your Pietenpol on the ornament with the tail number and your particularscheme.Each ornament is a hand painted artistic rendition of your Pietenpol its the perfect gif for the flyer in your family, the Piet in your hangar and an inspiration for the builder. The good news is that even if you don't have it completed but would like your own Ornament you can order one anyway just provide your tail number detailed color scheme and engine selection and you order will be processed as received and assigned its authentication number in the series with out duplication.All this for the low introductory price of $19.99 plus shipping and handling but wait if you order 4 or more the shipping is free. Exclusive of rushorders or special handling requests or out of the USA shipments. This a specially negotiated price for the Pietenpol Community.I will put a link on my FB page for you to reference back to.My apologies, this was just too good not to share with my friends.John________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Aileron Cables rubbing on the fuselage frame...
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jack Phillips
In a few places on my plane, I glued on small blocks of phenolic strategically placed as rub strips. You should have seen the maze of cables/wires/tubes in back of the pilot seat panel..sheeeeesh! It would be a miracle if it all fit in properlyDan HelsperPuryear, TN-----Original Message-----
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: shamelwaa uas of the forum

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: AMsafetyC(at)aol.com
If Helsper orders one=2C just have her paint two just alike=2C N number NX898H. :) Gene
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> AMsafetyC(at)aol.com
This will be number 3Sent from my iPhoneOn Dec 13, 2011, at 7:42 AM, Gene Rambo wrote:> If Helsper orders one, just have her paint two just alike, N number NX898H. :)> > Gene>
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: shamelwaa uas of the forum

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Amsafetyc
Subject: Pietenpol-List: shamelwaa uas of the forumI know that this is both shameless and unorthodox use of our beloved board=2C however I have no other way to contact everyone at large at such an important time. However I thought it important enough to run the risk of such an action.I have been successful in securing special introductory pricing concessionsfrom the owner of www.AristoKrafts.com to create a special series of Christmas ornaments for the Pietenpol Builders and ownerscommunity. For a limited time She will accept pre Christmas orders at the special price to create your own personalized ornament depicting your Pietenpol on the ornament with the tail number and your particular scheme.Each ornament is a hand painted artistic rendition of your Pietenpol its the perfect gif for the flyer in your family=2C the Piet in your hangar and an inspiration for the builder. The good news is that even if you don't have it completed but would like your own Ornament you can order one anyway just provide your tail number detailed color scheme and engine selection and you order will be processed as received and assigned its authentication number in the series with out duplication.All this for the low introductory price of $19.99 plus shipping and handling but wait if you order 4 or more the shipping is free. Exclusive ofrush orders or special handling requests or out of the USA shipments. This a specially negotiated price for the Pietenpol Community.I will put a link on my FB page for you to reference back to.My apologies=2C this was just too good not to share with my friends.John ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: shamelwaa uas of the forum
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: shamelwaa uas of the forum

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Mark Stanley"
> Subject: Pietenpol-List: shamelwaa uas of the forum> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> > I know that this is both shameless and unorthodox use of our beloved board, however I have no other way to contact everyone at large at such an important time. However I thought it important enough to run the risk of such an action.> > I have been successful in securing special introductory pricing concessions from the owner of www.AristoKrafts.com to create a special series of Christmas ornaments for the Pietenpol Builders and owners community. For a limited time She will accept pre Christmas orders at the special price to create your own personalized ornament depicting your Pietenpol on the ornament with the tail number and your particular scheme.> > Each ornament is a hand painted artistic rendition of your Pietenpol its the perfect gif for the flyer in your family, the Piet in your hangar and an inspiration for the builder. The good news is that even if you don't have it completed but would like your own Ornament you can order one anyway just provide your tail number detailed color scheme and engine selection and you order will be processed as received and assigned its authentication number in the series with out duplication.> > All this for the low introductory price of $19.99 plus shipping and handling but wait if you order 4 or more the shipping is free. Exclusive of rush orders or special handling requests or out of the USA shipments. This a specially negotiated price for the Pietenpol Community.> > I will put a link on my FB page for you to reference back to.> > My apologies, this was just too good not to share with my friends.> > > John> > > _blank">www.aeroelectric.com> " target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com> ="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com> ="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution> st" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-List> http://forums.matronics.com> ="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution> > > ===============================================================================================================================================================================> ________________________________________________________________________________